CHINA: Geely looks to double market share within five years
Volvo’s new owner Zhejiang Geely aims to boost annual sales to 2m vehicles by 2015, doubling its current market share in China to 5.8%, according to media reports in the country ciitng Liu Jinliang, the group's vice president for sales and marketing.
In order to achieve the 2m sales target by 2015, Geely will build more than 40 models on 15 platforms under its three brands, Emgrand, Gleagle and Englon, and will expand its dealer network nationwide, Liu added.
Geely started rebuilding its network in the second half this year. So far it has rebuilt 140 out of 210 Emgrand dealerships, 170 out of 300 Gleagle dealerships and 60 out of 100 Englon dealerships.
It will complete reconstruction of all the 300 Gleagle dealerships in 2011 and gradually finish rebuilding all its 670 dealerships.
A week, they say, is a long time in politics. That also applies when you are talking about Saab. Barely was the ink dry, so to speak, on last week's TWTW considering Saab's future post-Hawtai than Spy...
Volvo Group says that more efficient logistics have enabled the company to reduce its carbon footprint - measured in tones per km - by 22% between 2006 and 2010....
New car sales in Colombia fell 25% in April, compared with March, but were nonetheless up 50% year to date in the first four months of 2011. March's dismal result was due to holidays shortening the bu...
Global powertrain supplier BorgWarner has completed its acquisition of the Traction Systems division of Haldex Group....
The Brazilian domestic market sales rate remained above 15,000 units daily last month, the auto sector's best April ever. Light and heavy vehicle registrations totalled 289,900 units. Yet a settling-d...
Geely Automobile Holdings will announce details of technological cooperation with Volvo Car in two to three months at the earliest, a senior executive said....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)