CHINA: Geely looks to double market share within five years
Volvo’s new owner Zhejiang Geely aims to boost annual sales to 2m vehicles by 2015, doubling its current market share in China to 5.8%, according to media reports in the country ciitng Liu Jinliang, the group's vice president for sales and marketing.
In order to achieve the 2m sales target by 2015, Geely will build more than 40 models on 15 platforms under its three brands, Emgrand, Gleagle and Englon, and will expand its dealer network nationwide, Liu added.
Geely started rebuilding its network in the second half this year. So far it has rebuilt 140 out of 210 Emgrand dealerships, 170 out of 300 Gleagle dealerships and 60 out of 100 Englon dealerships.
It will complete reconstruction of all the 300 Gleagle dealerships in 2011 and gradually finish rebuilding all its 670 dealerships.
A week, they say, is a long time in politics. That also applies when you are talking about Saab. Barely was the ink dry, so to speak, on last week's TWTW considering Saab's future post-Hawtai than Spy...
Volvo Group says that more efficient logistics have enabled the company to reduce its carbon footprint - measured in tones per km - by 22% between 2006 and 2010....
New car sales in Colombia fell 25% in April, compared with March, but were nonetheless up 50% year to date in the first four months of 2011. March's dismal result was due to holidays shortening the bu...
Global powertrain supplier BorgWarner has completed its acquisition of the Traction Systems division of Haldex Group....
The Brazilian domestic market sales rate remained above 15,000 units daily last month, the auto sector's best April ever. Light and heavy vehicle registrations totalled 289,900 units. Yet a settling-d...
Geely Automobile Holdings will announce details of technological cooperation with Volvo Car in two to three months at the earliest, a senior executive said....
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029