CHINA: Geely looks to double market share within five years
Volvo’s new owner Zhejiang Geely aims to boost annual sales to 2m vehicles by 2015, doubling its current market share in China to 5.8%, according to media reports in the country ciitng Liu Jinliang, the group's vice president for sales and marketing.
In order to achieve the 2m sales target by 2015, Geely will build more than 40 models on 15 platforms under its three brands, Emgrand, Gleagle and Englon, and will expand its dealer network nationwide, Liu added.
Geely started rebuilding its network in the second half this year. So far it has rebuilt 140 out of 210 Emgrand dealerships, 170 out of 300 Gleagle dealerships and 60 out of 100 Englon dealerships.
It will complete reconstruction of all the 300 Gleagle dealerships in 2011 and gradually finish rebuilding all its 670 dealerships.
A week, they say, is a long time in politics. That also applies when you are talking about Saab. Barely was the ink dry, so to speak, on last week's TWTW considering Saab's future post-Hawtai than Spy...
Volvo Group says that more efficient logistics have enabled the company to reduce its carbon footprint - measured in tones per km - by 22% between 2006 and 2010....
New car sales in Colombia fell 25% in April, compared with March, but were nonetheless up 50% year to date in the first four months of 2011. March's dismal result was due to holidays shortening the bu...
Global powertrain supplier BorgWarner has completed its acquisition of the Traction Systems division of Haldex Group....
The Brazilian domestic market sales rate remained above 15,000 units daily last month, the auto sector's best April ever. Light and heavy vehicle registrations totalled 289,900 units. Yet a settling-d...
Geely Automobile Holdings will announce details of technological cooperation with Volvo Car in two to three months at the earliest, a senior executive said....
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Q&A: Magna’s CTO on the autonomous car
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- EXCLUSIVE: Fiat UK returning to C segment in 2016
- Magna does deal to acquire Stadco
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030