CHINA: Geely in pole position for Fisker stake
Geely could secure a majority stake in electric car maker Fisker Automotive, sources have told China Daily.
Fisker is looking for a strategic investor or partner and is currently considering bids from two Chinese carmakers: Geely, which already owns Volvo, and state-owned Dongfeng Motor.
Sources told the newspaper that both offers, which Fisker received in the last three weeks, were worth between US$200m and $300m. A deal would give the suitors a majority stake in the US company, they said.
Geely acquired Volvo from Ford in 2010 and, according to the report, the Chinese have already sent a team of engineers to Fisker’s base in Anaheim, California.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
Over 500 vehicles have been updated in our live database of current and future new passenger car product over the past week, and we've added new future models....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Zhejiang Geely says that it will supply some 500 London Taxi TX4s to the municipal authority in Nanjing....
Volvo Cars saw global sales rise 14% in July to 33,650 compared to the same month last year on the back of strong growth in China and a healthy performance in Europe....
General Motors has hired former Volvo CEO Stefan Jacoby to head up international operations. He replaces Tim Lee, who will take up the position of chairman, GM China....
The long awaited free trade agreement between Colombia and Europe will start on 1 August with the first group of measures....
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- Toyota Thailand suspends Prius due to tax dispute
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030