US: GE to purchase 2,000 Ford C-Max Energi plug-in hybrids
GE will purchase 2,000 Ford C-Max Energi plug-in hybrids for its fleet while Ford will jointly market GE's alternative fuel infrastructure.
GE said the purchase was another step in its plan to convert half of its global fleet to alternative fuel vehicles. This brings the number of alternative fuel vehicles in the fleet to over 5,000 of the goal of 25,000 vehicles.
The two companies will also work with researchers from Georgia Institute of Technology to study GE employee driving and charging habits with the goal of improving all-electric driving and charging performance. Researchers will use the MyFord Mobile app with real-time battery charge status and value charging that automatically recharges at lower-cost, off-peak electricity rates.
Study findings will be shared with commercial customers to provide insights and help facilitate deployment of electric vehicles in their own fleets amid a growing electric vehicle infrastructure that now includes more than 10,000 public charging stations across the country.
Ford will promote GE's WattStation charging station and CNG in a Box natural gas fuelling station to its commercial customers.
Ford also will supply new alternative fuel vehicles for use at GE's Vehicle Innovation Centre at the headquarters of the fleet management business in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The vehicle innovation centre gives GE's commercial customers the opportunity to learn about and test-drive alternative fuel cars and trucks from a variety of manufacturers in a single location with assistance from fleet, transportation, energy and advanced technology experts.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
Although the Chinese car market is expected to see growth of around 10% this year, prospects for premium brands have deteriorated as a result of the Chinese government's anti-corruption campaign, acco...
Ford has strongly rebuffed questioning from the European Commission (EC) as to whether Spanish plans to grant state aid for its Valencia project are against regulations....
A new Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting plant has been opened in Foshan, Guangdong province, in southern China....
Ford will free up much needed production capacity in North America by moving Fiesta production from Mexico to Thailand in 2016, according to a US newspaper....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030