RUSSIA: GAZ builds methane LCV test batch
GAZ Group has produced a test batch of light commercial vehicles (LCVs) that can run on methane as well as petrol, company president Bo Andersson said.
“We will begin mass production in the autumn,” he told Prime News.
Andersson said using methane cuts the fuel price per 100km to about RUB150 from RUB390 on petrol.
According to LCV division director Vadim Sorokin, the daily capacity for the production of methane cars will be 25-35 units.
A spot of M&A in the tyre business this week as Apollo swooped on Cooper with $2.5bn in cash changing hands. I could use a bit of that......
The updated Skoda Octavia is now rolling off assembly lines in the Ukraine and Kazakhstan following the recent production start at a VW-GAZ joint venture factory in Russia....
Russian energy giant, Gazprom and GAZ Group, have inked a deal to cooperate using natural gas for automotive fuel....
Skoda on Friday (21 June) started production of the redesigned Octavia at GAZ Group's factory in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Ship shape and not too bent
- ASEAN vehicle market down almost 10% in 2014
- Q&A with Mike Savage, Drive System Design
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- Ford 2014 operating profit plunges $2.3bn
- "Bumps and dents" for some driveable Hoegh cars
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Opel Corsa OPC & VW Golf GTD estate