RUSSIA: GAZ builds methane LCV test batch
GAZ Group has produced a test batch of light commercial vehicles (LCVs) that can run on methane as well as petrol, company president Bo Andersson said.
“We will begin mass production in the autumn,” he told Prime News.
Andersson said using methane cuts the fuel price per 100km to about RUB150 from RUB390 on petrol.
According to LCV division director Vadim Sorokin, the daily capacity for the production of methane cars will be 25-35 units.
A spot of M&A in the tyre business this week as Apollo swooped on Cooper with $2.5bn in cash changing hands. I could use a bit of that......
The updated Skoda Octavia is now rolling off assembly lines in the Ukraine and Kazakhstan following the recent production start at a VW-GAZ joint venture factory in Russia....
Russian energy giant, Gazprom and GAZ Group, have inked a deal to cooperate using natural gas for automotive fuel....
Skoda on Friday (21 June) started production of the redesigned Octavia at GAZ Group's factory in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- INTERVIEW: Faurecia deputy GM China Jingcheng Li
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- BMW tests Google Glass eyewear for quality checks
- Opel/Vauxhall to produce new SUV at Rüsselsheim
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app