Fuji Heavy Industries has started production of the Subaru XV crossover SUV at Tan Chong Motor Assemblies in Malaysia.
CKD assembly of the crossover is carried out under contract by TCMA with an initial production plan of 5,300 units a year. Locally-assembled models will also go on sale in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia through Tan Chong Group's distribution channels.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
In a classic case of April showers and May flowers, last month's US light vehicle sales bloomed quite nicely following the previous month's dip....
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by 21% to 14,888 units in April, from 12,304 in the same month of last year, according to data released jointly by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturer...
Vehicle sales growth and currency gains offset by new model launch expenses saw Subaru maker Fuji Heavy Industries boost operating income 173.9% to JPY120.4bn yen for the full year to 31 March, 2013....
Fuji Heavy Industries has announced the Subaru Impreza will be produced in its North American plant beginning in 2016....
Japan's major carmakers' combined domestic output in fiscal 2012 rose 2.9% over the previous year to 9,055,373 units, passing 9m for the first time in four years....
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Q&A – Delphi Chief Technology Officer, Jeff Owens
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Geneva premieres list - 6.6-litre BMW world debut
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- GM's Opel promises Europe a "revolutionary" EV
- VW Group quality chief leaves