GERMANY: Ford unveiling B-Max first at consumer electronics show
Ford’s new B-Max is slated to make its official debut for the motoring press when CEO Alan Mulally unveils it at the Geneva motor show next month but it will actually be unveiled a week earlier for those attending the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. The automaker did the same with the Focus Electric in the US, showing it first at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas - a show that coincides with the motor show in Detroit.
For Barcelona, chairman Bill Ford will announce new technologies for Europe that will debut on the B-Max. Ford claims it will be among the most technologically advanced small cars on the market and also the first vehicle to be launched at Mobile World Congress.
Bill Ford will also deliver a keynote speech at the conference discussing the company’s vision for future mobility and the growing connection between automobiles and mobile technology.
“Revealing the B-Max at Mobile World Congress underlines how important technology is to customers and to [us],” said Stephen Odell, chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe. “[It] will raise the bar for small vehicles in Europe, combining technology and premium engineering into a compact frame.”
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
Perennial loss-making Spanish subsidiary Seat is dragging Volkswagen down and it would make sense to close it down and use its factories for other profitable group brands, an auto industry expert has ...
Lars Holmqvist, former CEO of European automotive suppliers association, CLEPA, has warned of the "real danger" that OEMs' restructuring plans could cost half a million jobs across the continent....
Russian car manufacturer (and Ford joint venture partner) Sollers plans to inject RUB750m (US$23.7m) into the charter capital of its separate joint venture with Mazda Motor Corporation to acquire 50% ...
Ford plans to reduce its investment in manufacturing by around 8% through more standardisation of its manufacturing processes worldwide....
Sales of Kia's Optima Hybrid are flying in the US with 732 deliveries last month, a 261% increase over July last year, and overtaking Ford's Fusion and Toyota's Prius hybrids....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)