ROMANIA: Ford trims B-Max output
Local media reports in Romania say that Ford plans to reduce production at its Romanian factory from 500 cars a day to 250 vehicles a day starting this month. The plant will drop a shift in response to weaker than expected demand across Europe.
The reports suggest that Ford will produce around 30,000 cars at its Craiova factory, in southern Romania, this year compared with a previous plan to make around 60,000 units.
The factory builds the B-Max model, mainly for export to other EU markets. However, Ford – like other automakers – has been hit by weak demand across Europe this year.
Reports also suggest that output of the 1-litre gasline EcoBoost engine made at the Craiova factory will be increased.
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
Holden says it is committed to continuing its Australian presence despite Ford's decision to end production in the country, while a major union is calling for both political parties to unite around su...
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
Ford's decision to axe production in Australia has provoked fury at one of Australia's largest unions that estimates the cascade effect of shuttering plants will cost up to 6,000 jobs....
Ford Australia has announced an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year. This followed a loss of $290m in 2011 and took losses in the last five years to about A$600m. Ford said ...
Ford has said it will add capacity in the buoyant North American market. The company is to add an additional 200,000 units of annual straight-time capacity this year....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Europe Jazz Prototype
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)