GERMANY: Ford starts updated Fiesta production
Ford has started volume production in Germany of the updated Fiesta (with the Fusion nose) which will introduce MyKey to Europe – an exclusive technology that allows parents to encourage safer driving and limit their teenager’s exposure to risk at the wheel.
The updated Fiesta also has the voice-activated in-car connectivity system SYNC; Active City Stop that helps drivers avoid low speed collisions; and SYNC Emergency Assistance that directly connects vehicle occupants to local emergency services operators after an accident.
There are seven petrol and diesel powertrain options including the new three cylinder, one-litre EcoBoost petrol.
- UK’s top seller boasts bold new exterior design with refined interior
- Production begins at Ford’s Cologne assembly plant for volume deliveries from January
- New Fiesta delivers SYNC, MyKey and Active City Stop; highly fuel efficient engine range includes award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost
BRENTWOOD, Essex, 12 November, 2012 – Ford has started volume production of the new Ford Fiesta ahead of the latest version of Britain’s best seller debuting in UK dealerships from January.
The dynamically styled latest Fiesta features new smart technologies and a breakthrough powertrain line-up.
“The new Fiesta has seven powertrain options – both diesel and petrol – that deliver fuel economy of less than 100 grams of CO2 per kilometre,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe.
Ford has sold more than 15 million Fiestas worldwide since the vehicle first went into production in 1976. Of those, almost 4 million have been sold in Britain where the car has been the nation’s favourite every year since 2008.
Alongside a bold new exterior and an interior optimised for ergonomics and comfort, the new Fiesta debuts Ford MyKey in Europe – a Ford-exclusive technology that allows parents to encourage safer driving and limit their teenager’s exposure to risk at the wheel.
New Fiesta also features voice-activated in-car connectivity system SYNC; Active City Stop that helps drivers avoid low speed collisions; and SYNC Emergency Assistance that directly connects vehicle occupants to local emergency services operators after an accident.
Arriving in dealerships soon, new Fiesta is offered with 1.0-litre EcoBoost – the 2012 “International Engine of the Year”. An ECOnetic Technology version powered by a 1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engine achieves 87 g/km CO2**.
Click here to view video on YouTube
# # #
* JATO Dynamics results are based on information provided by JATO Consult, the company's bespoke consulting service. Figures are based on 30 European countries. For more info, please visit www.jato.com
** The stated fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 as last amended. The results may differ from fuel economy figures in other regions of the world due to the different drive cycles and regulations used in those markets.
Original source: http://www.newspress.co.uk/ViewPressRelease.aspx?pr=39830
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
Ongoing sovereign debt crises across Europe are continuing to have a major impact on the Continent's automaking development, with 2007 production levels not expected to return until 2017, says analyst...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
- Volkswagen counts the cost of 'dieselgate'
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- TowerSec VP on automotive cyber security - Q&A
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Ford says new Fusion hybrid has 610 miles of range
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- New diesel engine family debut on Mercedes E-Class
- just-auto takes a break
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market - forecasts to 2030