THAILAND: Ford retail sales rise 88% in 2012
Ford full year retail sales in Thailand for 2012 rose 88% year on year to 54,865 units, a yearly record.
Fiesta (3,369 in December, up 62% to 28,645 for the year), Ranger (up 117% to 2,922 in December and 148% to 19,745 in 2012) and Focus (232% to 782 December; 160% to 5,335 full year) set model line sales records.
December retail sales soared 234% to a monthly record of 7,210 units.
"We continued to make significant progress on our One Ford plan in 2012 and finished the year in record fashion," said Yukontorn 'Vickie' Wisadkosin, vice president, marketing, sales and service, Ford Thailand.
Ford claimed the Focus would be the best-selling nameplate globally for 2012 with the Fiesta the top global B segment car, giving the automaker the best-selling B and C segment models in the world, based on the Polk data to 30 September.
The Focus is built at the company's new US$450m plant in Rayong which came on stream in mid 2012.
Escape family SUV sales rose nearly 20% year on year to 623 units.
Ford opened 15 new dealerships across Thailand last year and plans 140 outlets by the end of 2013.
Urgent and concerted action needs to be taken to address the contentious issue of automotive over-capacity in Europe, but also in developing markets according to a study by KPMG....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive market in Turkey to grow at a CAGR of 8.4 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the Turkish Gover...
Ford China's sales in the first half of 2013 soared 47% year on year to 407,721 units, driven by continued strong demand for the Focus, Kuga and Transit, the automaker said. June sales rose 44% to 75,...
Strong demand for trucks drove Canadian new vehicle sales overall higher in June though sales of passenger cars slipped compared with a year ago, data compiled by DesRosiers Automotive Consultants sho...
Ford says it is developing a new form of manufacturing technology that has the potential to reduce costs and delivery time for sheet metal parts needed in smaller quantities....
Total light vehicle sales last month came in at just over 1.4m, 9.1% ahead of June 2012. That works out to a seasonally adjusted annualised rate (SAAR) of 15.96m, the highest since November 2007, the ...
Strong sales of commercial vehicles in two of New Zealand's largest cities boosted June volume to its highest level in 31 years, according to the head of the local new vehicle industry lobby group....
Finance to drive more environmentally cars should be doubled according to officials from the European Commission (EC), who highlighted the importance of Brussels' CARS2020 and Horizon 2020 automotive ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- COMMENT: Nissan looks for top UEFA bang for buck
- The bubble car is back, fit for the 21st century
- PSA issues new business plan
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 long wheelbase
- BEIJING DEBUTS: JAC EC-9 concept
- GM furloughs two engineers in recall probe
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028