BRAZIL: Ford forecasts 2013 growth of 2-4%
Brazil's car market will grow between 2% and 4% next year and Ford will grow at the same pace, chief executive Steven Armstrong said at a media event in Sao Paulo.
Ford has 10% of the Brazilian market and Armstrong said growth next year would depend on both the strength of the economy and whether the government continued with vehicle tax breaks. Incentives were introduced in May to boost locally-made vehicles. The auto industry accounts for around 20% of Brazil’s manufacturing output.
Ford has two assembly plants on Brazil building the Fiesta and EcoSport, the Ka and Courier light commercial. It also has an engine and transmission plant.
The 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed was held between 11-14 July inclusive, with many vehicles making their global debuts....
UK new car registrations grew 11% to 180,111 units in May....
Toyota was the top selling brand in Australia in May 2013 and also had the top two selling models: Hilux and Corolla....
New Zealand passenger car registrations of 6,347 vehicles in May were the best for that month since 1990, according to the local Motor Industry Association....
In a classic case of April showers and May flowers, last month's US light vehicle sales bloomed quite nicely following the previous month's dip....
New car sales in Canada in May hit 185,000, close to the all-time high of 185,470 set in 2007. Forecasts for full year sales have been revised upwards to 1.76m....
Brazilian auto sales rose in May from a year earlier, bolstered by government tax cuts to support the local car industry, sources who have seen preliminary sales data told Reuters....
The European new car market is edging closer to a two-decade low with French and Spanish sales falling again in in May, dashing hopes of a recovery this year....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- JLR starts Discovery Sport production
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)