BRAZIL: Ford forecasts 2013 growth of 2-4%
Brazil's car market will grow between 2% and 4% next year and Ford will grow at the same pace, chief executive Steven Armstrong said at a media event in Sao Paulo.
Ford has 10% of the Brazilian market and Armstrong said growth next year would depend on both the strength of the economy and whether the government continued with vehicle tax breaks. Incentives were introduced in May to boost locally-made vehicles. The auto industry accounts for around 20% of Brazil’s manufacturing output.
Ford has two assembly plants on Brazil building the Fiesta and EcoSport, the Ka and Courier light commercial. It also has an engine and transmission plant.
The 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed was held between 11-14 July inclusive, with many vehicles making their global debuts....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive market in Turkey to grow at a CAGR of 8.4 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the Turkish Gover...
UK new car registrations grew 11% to 180,111 units in May....
This report is based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Advanced Driver Assistanc...
Toyota was the top selling brand in Australia in May 2013 and also had the top two selling models: Hilux and Corolla....
New Zealand passenger car registrations of 6,347 vehicles in May were the best for that month since 1990, according to the local Motor Industry Association....
In a classic case of April showers and May flowers, last month's US light vehicle sales bloomed quite nicely following the previous month's dip....
New car sales in Canada in May hit 185,000, close to the all-time high of 185,470 set in 2007. Forecasts for full year sales have been revised upwards to 1.76m....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- Q&A with Tenneco: Energy recovery technologies
- PSA issues new business plan
- BEIJING DEBUTS: Volvo S60L PPHEV concept
- NYIAS DEBUTS: next Mazda MX-5 Miata preview
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028