US: Ford drivers get latest news with USA Today app
News junkies can get their fix in the car with voice activation now available via Ford Sync AppLink integration.
With simple voice commands, users can access, navigate, search and listen to morning and evening editions of the USA Today headline content they love in a rich audio format via a hands-free, eyes-free experience.
"Staying informed is important, and the USA Today app provides news, sports and more directly to smartphones and tablets," said Julius Marchwicki, global product manager for Ford Sync AppLink. "The USA Today app shows how smartphone apps can add convenience to the driving experience using voice control through Sync AppLink."
How it works
By voice command, drivers can tell their car, "play news story" or "listen to sports stories." Users can customise their news or opt to skip stories as well.
Drivers can hear the latest top headlines across their favourite categories such as news, money, sports, life, tech and travel. They can play, pause, skip, or go back within and between stories to customise the listening experience even further.
More than one million Ford vehicles already on the road have Sync AppLink built in. AppLink enables drivers to take advantage of their mobile data to stay connected while they keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel, Ford says.
Urgent and concerted action needs to be taken to address the contentious issue of automotive over-capacity in Europe, but also in developing markets according to a study by KPMG....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive connectivity sector, major applications, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
Ford China's sales in the first half of 2013 soared 47% year on year to 407,721 units, driven by continued strong demand for the Focus, Kuga and Transit, the automaker said. June sales rose 44% to 75,...
Strong demand for trucks drove Canadian new vehicle sales overall higher in June though sales of passenger cars slipped compared with a year ago, data compiled by DesRosiers Automotive Consultants sho...
Ford says it is developing a new form of manufacturing technology that has the potential to reduce costs and delivery time for sheet metal parts needed in smaller quantities....
Total light vehicle sales last month came in at just over 1.4m, 9.1% ahead of June 2012. That works out to a seasonally adjusted annualised rate (SAAR) of 15.96m, the highest since November 2007, the ...
Strong sales of commercial vehicles in two of New Zealand's largest cities boosted June volume to its highest level in 31 years, according to the head of the local new vehicle industry lobby group....
Finance to drive more environmentally cars should be doubled according to officials from the European Commission (EC), who highlighted the importance of Brussels' CARS2020 and Horizon 2020 automotive ...
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Chinese explosion, investments, lower JLR profit
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030