US: Ford ACH unit completes Mexico fuel rail plant sale
Cooper-Standard Automotive is a privately-held global supplier with $US2.2bn in annual sales in body sealing systems, fluid handling systems, and NVH control systems .
"This sale represents more progress as our North American Way Forward plan moves into high gear," said Mark Fields, president of The Americas and Ford executive vice president. "This is another positive sign of progress toward our commitment to sell selected operations by the end of 2008."
Under the sales agreement, ACH, a Ford-managed temporary company, transferred ownership of its equity interest in Manufactura El Jarudo, along with related US assets to Cooper-Standard on 1 April. El Jarudo, a maquiladora plant, employs about 450 hourly and salaried employees.
"This sale validates our ACH strategy and provides a solid foundation for success at this plant in the future," said Al Ver, ACH CEO and COO and Ford vice president. "This first sale sets the stage for more sales of our other plants and businesses."
Since its formation in October 2005, and subsequent transfer of former Ford factories owned by Visteon back to ACH, the unit has focused on improving its engineering, capital and management skills to improve the various businesses it acquired.
"The efforts have resulted in significant quality and delivery improvements, positioning these businesses among Ford's best suppliers," Ford claimed in a statement, without elaborating.
"ACH remains focused on improving and marketing its remaining powertrain, chassis, interior, exterior and glass operations for sale," the statement added.
ACH is a $4bn supplier with 12 remaining plants in the US and Mexico employing 11,000 leased from Visteon or Ford plus 900 at its Mexican affiliates.
Englishman Nigel Brackenbury put together the proposal to build a Ford plant in Russia - but he didn't stay around to see it open. Now he's back in charge of a major success story. Mark Bursa reports....
BMW has defied those who diagnosed it as suffering from Boiling Frog Syndrome. For months, some of the finest minds in the equity research industry have watched with a mixture of anxiety and amusement...
Tax breaks are needed in the UK to kick-start the market for high blend ethanol fuel or the embryonic market is in danger of collapse according to a Ford engineer who specialises in fuels....
Canadian Auto Workers (CAW) union president Buzz Hargrove has about a year to figure how to make the 'Detroit Three' operations in Canada more competitive while increasing wages and winning new invest...
BMW Group on Thursday afternoon set out its new strategy stall following a management board meeting in Munich earlier in the day (27 September). Key points - signalled by media reports earlier this we...
Ford Europe is adopting a diesel-only, upscale specification strategy for its new Kuga when the compact SUV-crossover arrives in showrooms here next May....
The new national labour pact agreed in the early hours of Wednesday morning is a game changer for both General Motors and the United Auto Workers (UAW), according to Global Insight auto analyst Aaron ...
Ford had to cease production at its Dearborn truck plant on Monday due to a parts shortage....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018