BELGIUM: Fiat/Chrysler's Marchionne re-elected ACEA supremo
ACEA said a high priority in 2013 will be to continue to push for "a meaningful and supportive" EU-wide industrial policy. It plans to closely follow the process launched with CARS 2020 in order to ensure that the initiatives announced by the European Commission are actually followed through.
"Level playing fields must be the norm in international trade relations," the trade group said. "In 2013, ACEA will therefore continue to make the case for fair and balanced trade agreements."
Also high on the agenda: sustainable mobility.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
We live in strange times. As Fisker, a rival with supposedly superior range-extending technology falls apart, the value of Tesla rises yet again, this time by almost two percent on Wednesday to US$9.7...
Not long ago the subcompact market in Brazil was regarded as niche and far from attractive to automakers. Current offerings are all imports like the Fiat 500 (from Mexico under the free trade agreeme...
Fiat's share price has spiked on speculation that a deal to consolidate its control and ownership of Chrysler could be close....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- COMMENT: Volkswagen's Piech got a lot right
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- ANALYSIS: VW & Toyota losing the SUV race in China
- PRODUCT EYE: Subaru Impreza
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- Piech ploy over Winterkorn fail, VW chairman quits
- JLR's Discovery Sport gets in-house diesel engine
- BREAKING NEWS: Piëch quits Volkswagen board
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029