BELGIUM: Fiat/Chrysler's Marchionne re-elected ACEA supremo
ACEA said a high priority in 2013 will be to continue to push for "a meaningful and supportive" EU-wide industrial policy. It plans to closely follow the process launched with CARS 2020 in order to ensure that the initiatives announced by the European Commission are actually followed through.
"Level playing fields must be the norm in international trade relations," the trade group said. "In 2013, ACEA will therefore continue to make the case for fair and balanced trade agreements."
Also high on the agenda: sustainable mobility.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
We live in strange times. As Fisker, a rival with supposedly superior range-extending technology falls apart, the value of Tesla rises yet again, this time by almost two percent on Wednesday to US$9.7...
Not long ago the subcompact market in Brazil was regarded as niche and far from attractive to automakers. Current offerings are all imports like the Fiat 500 (from Mexico under the free trade agreeme...
Fiat's share price has spiked on speculation that a deal to consolidate its control and ownership of Chrysler could be close....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Integrated Canadian test cells impress OEMs
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Canada "needs to turn automakers back" from Mexico
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Conti Schaeffler name nine new Premium Suppliers
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030