BELGIUM: Fiat/Chrysler's Marchionne re-elected ACEA supremo
ACEA said a high priority in 2013 will be to continue to push for "a meaningful and supportive" EU-wide industrial policy. It plans to closely follow the process launched with CARS 2020 in order to ensure that the initiatives announced by the European Commission are actually followed through.
"Level playing fields must be the norm in international trade relations," the trade group said. "In 2013, ACEA will therefore continue to make the case for fair and balanced trade agreements."
Also high on the agenda: sustainable mobility.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
We live in strange times. As Fisker, a rival with supposedly superior range-extending technology falls apart, the value of Tesla rises yet again, this time by almost two percent on Wednesday to US$9.7...
Not long ago the subcompact market in Brazil was regarded as niche and far from attractive to automakers. Current offerings are all imports like the Fiat 500 (from Mexico under the free trade agreeme...
Fiat's share price has spiked on speculation that a deal to consolidate its control and ownership of Chrysler could be close....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Range Rover Hybrid
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- BMW 2 Series Convertible launched
- Volkswagen aims to triple MQB output
- Ford to manufacture over 700,000 engines at Lima
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)