ITALY: Fiat will discuss investments at Mirafiori factory in coming months - union
Fiat will discuss long-delayed investments at its Mirafiori factory in coming months, CISL union leader Raffaele Bonanni said after a meeting with Fiat management.
"We will discuss investments at Mirafiori in the coming months, hoping in the meantime that the car market starts to recover," Bonanni told Reuters after the meeting.
The factory can build up to 300,000 cars per year and employs 5,000. But recently it has only been running a few days per month. Italian car sales have fallen to levels not seen in 30 years as the country is gripped by recession.
But Fiat chief executive Sergio Marchionne said earlier he was not yet ready to announce the company's investment programme.
Union leader Roberto di Maulo of FISMIC, who also took part in the meeting, told the news agency the announcement would be made in the first half of this year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Hardline Fiat union, FIOM, says the Constitutional Court of Italy's ruling appearing to overturn the requirement for a labour body to sign a collective labour deal in order to provide organised repres...
Fiat brand models planned for introduction in India will be made locally, according to Nagesh Basavanhalli, CEO and managing director, India Operations for Fiat-Chrysler which has announced plans to l...
Nemak, an aluminium auto parts producing unit of Mexico's Alfa conglomerate, based in Monterrey, is building a plant to supply Volkswagen in Russia....
It's much easier to warm up a cold potato than it is to handle a red hot potato, because the hot potato will always go cold....
GM and PSA Peugeot Citroen are reportedly working on a plan to sell delivery vans together in the US market, according to a report in a French newspaper....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Octavia estate 4x4
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: Datsun, Lada & Renault debuts
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times