ITALY: Fiat will discuss investments at Mirafiori factory in coming months - union
Fiat will discuss long-delayed investments at its Mirafiori factory in coming months, CISL union leader Raffaele Bonanni said after a meeting with Fiat management.
"We will discuss investments at Mirafiori in the coming months, hoping in the meantime that the car market starts to recover," Bonanni told Reuters after the meeting.
The factory can build up to 300,000 cars per year and employs 5,000. But recently it has only been running a few days per month. Italian car sales have fallen to levels not seen in 30 years as the country is gripped by recession.
But Fiat chief executive Sergio Marchionne said earlier he was not yet ready to announce the company's investment programme.
Union leader Roberto di Maulo of FISMIC, who also took part in the meeting, told the news agency the announcement would be made in the first half of this year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Hardline Fiat union, FIOM, says the Constitutional Court of Italy's ruling appearing to overturn the requirement for a labour body to sign a collective labour deal in order to provide organised repres...
Fiat brand models planned for introduction in India will be made locally, according to Nagesh Basavanhalli, CEO and managing director, India Operations for Fiat-Chrysler which has announced plans to l...
Nemak, an aluminium auto parts producing unit of Mexico's Alfa conglomerate, based in Monterrey, is building a plant to supply Volkswagen in Russia....
It's much easier to warm up a cold potato than it is to handle a red hot potato, because the hot potato will always go cold....
GM and PSA Peugeot Citroen are reportedly working on a plan to sell delivery vans together in the US market, according to a report in a French newspaper....
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- GKN claims world first for integrated FCA AWD
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029