POLAND: Fiat may move all 500 production to Tychy
Fiat may make its Tychy factory in Poland the sole production base for its next generation 500 model.
This would solve a problem Fiat president Sergio Marchionne has been agonising over since moving Panda production from the Polish plant back to Italy to save jobs at home.
At the Detroit Show earlier this year he said he was concerned that the move had led to some 1,500 staff lay-offs at Tychy.
Currently the Fiat 500 is produced in Poland and in Chrysler's Mexico plant in Toluca. In 2012 the Mexican factory produced 82,000 units. Its capacity is 120,000 units. The next global generation model is expected around 2015.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Fiat Chrysler's Indian unit plans to launch nine models in the next three years plus expand its dealer network to increase market share in India....
Chrysler Group said it would spend $52m at its engine plants in Trenton and Dundee, Michigan, to increase capacity of the 'Tigershark' engine, adding 298 new jobs at Trenton....
Vehicle sales in Canada rose more than 7% to hit a record July high with Chrysler outselling Ford and General Motors....
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030