POLAND: Fiat may move all 500 production to Tychy
Fiat may make its Tychy factory in Poland the sole production base for its next generation 500 model.
This would solve a problem Fiat president Sergio Marchionne has been agonising over since moving Panda production from the Polish plant back to Italy to save jobs at home.
At the Detroit Show earlier this year he said he was concerned that the move had led to some 1,500 staff lay-offs at Tychy.
Currently the Fiat 500 is produced in Poland and in Chrysler's Mexico plant in Toluca. In 2012 the Mexican factory produced 82,000 units. Its capacity is 120,000 units. The next global generation model is expected around 2015.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Fiat Chrysler's Indian unit plans to launch nine models in the next three years plus expand its dealer network to increase market share in India....
Chrysler Group said it would spend $52m at its engine plants in Trenton and Dundee, Michigan, to increase capacity of the 'Tigershark' engine, adding 298 new jobs at Trenton....
Vehicle sales in Canada rose more than 7% to hit a record July high with Chrysler outselling Ford and General Motors....
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- ANALYSIS: New Corsa VXR & future Opels/Vauxhalls
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Ricardo opens Vehicle Emissions Research Centre
- North America boosts Ford Q2 profits
- Škoda plans summer factory expansion, maintenance
- General Motors' $1bn plan includes Halol closure
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030