POLAND: Fiat may move all 500 production to Tychy
Fiat may make its Tychy factory in Poland the sole production base for its next generation 500 model.
This would solve a problem Fiat president Sergio Marchionne has been agonising over since moving Panda production from the Polish plant back to Italy to save jobs at home.
At the Detroit Show earlier this year he said he was concerned that the move had led to some 1,500 staff lay-offs at Tychy.
Currently the Fiat 500 is produced in Poland and in Chrysler's Mexico plant in Toluca. In 2012 the Mexican factory produced 82,000 units. Its capacity is 120,000 units. The next global generation model is expected around 2015.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Fiat Chrysler's Indian unit plans to launch nine models in the next three years plus expand its dealer network to increase market share in India....
Chrysler Group said it would spend $52m at its engine plants in Trenton and Dundee, Michigan, to increase capacity of the 'Tigershark' engine, adding 298 new jobs at Trenton....
Vehicle sales in Canada rose more than 7% to hit a record July high with Chrysler outselling Ford and General Motors....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030