US: Fiat, Chrysler to sell slightly over 4.3m vehicles in 2013 - CEO
"We should be slightly north of 4.3m with a minimum of 2.6m from Chrysler," Sergio Marchionne said in an interview with Automotive News cited by Reuters.
Marchionne said Chrysler will sell 2.4m vehicles of the combined 4.2m units expected this year.
Fiat has raised its ownership to 58.5% of Chrysler, up from the 20% share it took after the US automaker's 2009 bankruptcy.
Asked if the market could expect a larger 500 model to replace its Punto model, Marchionne said "the Punto is in production, but I think ultimately the Fiat brand will end up being 500 or Panda based. Everything else is irrelevant."
Marchionne was in Detroit on Thursday to announce a US $238m spend at three Michigan plants creating up to 1,250 jobs.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
As the middle of the year gets closer, the the European automotive marketplace isn't getting any easier. By last year, Western Europe's car market had lost 3m units since its 2007 peak (a heady 14.8m...
Ongoing sovereign debt crises across Europe are continuing to have a major impact on the Continent's automaking development, with 2007 production levels not expected to return until 2017, says analyst...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018