US: Fiat, Chrysler to sell slightly over 4.3m vehicles in 2013 - CEO
"We should be slightly north of 4.3m with a minimum of 2.6m from Chrysler," Sergio Marchionne said in an interview with Automotive News cited by Reuters.
Marchionne said Chrysler will sell 2.4m vehicles of the combined 4.2m units expected this year.
Fiat has raised its ownership to 58.5% of Chrysler, up from the 20% share it took after the US automaker's 2009 bankruptcy.
Asked if the market could expect a larger 500 model to replace its Punto model, Marchionne said "the Punto is in production, but I think ultimately the Fiat brand will end up being 500 or Panda based. Everything else is irrelevant."
Marchionne was in Detroit on Thursday to announce a US $238m spend at three Michigan plants creating up to 1,250 jobs.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
As the middle of the year gets closer, the the European automotive marketplace isn't getting any easier. By last year, Western Europe's car market had lost 3m units since its 2007 peak (a heady 14.8m...
Ongoing sovereign debt crises across Europe are continuing to have a major impact on the Continent's automaking development, with 2007 production levels not expected to return until 2017, says analyst...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- Briefing: Active safety systems
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Leon X-Perience & SEAT SE376
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- McLaren Automotive posts second year of profit
- Audi is first customer for new car configurator
- BMW reveals redesigned Mini Clubman
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle OE starter motors and alternators market- forecasts to 2029