ITALY: Ferrari investigates 458 Italia fires
A 458 Italia in action at Goodwood, England
Ferrari is investigating three vehicle fires concerning its 458 Italia models, although it is stressing other accidents involving the supercar could be the result of driver error.
Some 10 458s have been involved in fires or accidents this year with one caught up in a storage facility blaze at London Heathrow airport.
"It is important to differentiate between what is a vehicle fire and outside factors and I would include driver error," a Ferrari UK spokesman told just-auto.
"Six have been incidents where it potentially could be the driver or other factors. I am not in a position to comment on the vehicle fires and all we can say is we are taking it obviously very seriously."
The fires occurred in three different countries with the Italian manufacturer now investigating each incident.
Ferrari offers driving training courses at various locations around the world including Italy, North America, Canada and China.
For its 599 GTO model in the UK, the company provided driver training as part of the purchase price.
Since introducing the world's first car radio in 1949, Harman and its brands have brought an increasing range of audio, infotainment and safety features to the automotive market. In this interview, M...
For the past 50 years, Brembo has supplied disc braking systems for passenger cars, motorcycles, commercial vehicles and racing cars, serving both the OE and aftermarket. In this interview, Matthew Be...
Fiat boss Sergio Marchionne seems to have tossed something of a hand grenade into the already combustible world that is Italy's relationship with Fiat....
Ford is suing Ferrari for trademark infringement after the Italian company named its 2011 Formula 1 car the 'F150', the name of the US giant's top-selling pick-up truck....
Fiat Group revenues rose 12.3% year on year to EUR56.3bn while automobiles and related components businesses (Fiat SpA post 1 January demerger) booked revenues up 9.8% to EUR35.9bn and CNH, Iveco and ...
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- COMMENT: Ford F-Series production soars
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- Baking Kias at 45C
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Audi SQ5 TDI plus added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Jaguar Land Rover scraps Saudi plant plan
- Nissan allocates redesigned Juke to Sunderland
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market