ITALY: Ferrari investigates 458 Italia fires
A 458 Italia in action at Goodwood, England
Ferrari is investigating three vehicle fires concerning its 458 Italia models, although it is stressing other accidents involving the supercar could be the result of driver error.
Some 10 458s have been involved in fires or accidents this year with one caught up in a storage facility blaze at London Heathrow airport.
"It is important to differentiate between what is a vehicle fire and outside factors and I would include driver error," a Ferrari UK spokesman told just-auto.
"Six have been incidents where it potentially could be the driver or other factors. I am not in a position to comment on the vehicle fires and all we can say is we are taking it obviously very seriously."
The fires occurred in three different countries with the Italian manufacturer now investigating each incident.
Ferrari offers driving training courses at various locations around the world including Italy, North America, Canada and China.
For its 599 GTO model in the UK, the company provided driver training as part of the purchase price.
Since introducing the world's first car radio in 1949, Harman and its brands have brought an increasing range of audio, infotainment and safety features to the automotive market. In this interview, M...
For the past 50 years, Brembo has supplied disc braking systems for passenger cars, motorcycles, commercial vehicles and racing cars, serving both the OE and aftermarket. In this interview, Matthew Be...
Fiat boss Sergio Marchionne seems to have tossed something of a hand grenade into the already combustible world that is Italy's relationship with Fiat....
Ford is suing Ferrari for trademark infringement after the Italian company named its 2011 Formula 1 car the 'F150', the name of the US giant's top-selling pick-up truck....
Fiat Group revenues rose 12.3% year on year to EUR56.3bn while automobiles and related components businesses (Fiat SpA post 1 January demerger) booked revenues up 9.8% to EUR35.9bn and CNH, Iveco and ...
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times