CHINA: Exports top 1m in record time
China exported 1m vehicles in a calendar year for the first time ever in 2012.
The China Association of Automobile Manufacturers said shipments rose 30% to 1.06m units last year while domestic car sales increased 4%. Exports of passenger cars jumped 39% to 661,000 units, buses and trucks climbed 17% to 395,000 units.
Chery was the top exporter with exports totalling 184,800 units, up 16% from a year earlier. Next came Geely with 100,800 units, followed by Great Wall, 96,500. Algeria was the biggest buyer, followed by Russia, Iraq, Iran and Chile.
China's car exports are growing at the fastest rate in the world. The country has achieved the 1m milestone just 11 years after it began exporting cars. Korea achieved the feat in 1995, 19 years after Hyundai Motor first sold its Pony model in Latin America.
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
More than half of China's listed auto companies enjoyed an improved first half performance in 2013 over last year with higher net profits compared with a year ago....
Geely has agreed to set up a joint venture in Belarus to assemble cars with an eye to eventually export some output to Russia, the company said....
Pickup truck and SUV specialist Great Wall Motor said it expected its first half net profit to rise 73.7% year on year....
China's Chery Automobile plans to spend US$300m on a new car assembly facility in Malaysia over the next five years, the head of its local subsidiary told reporters....
Geely's Volvo Car Group is claiming world firsts for animal and night pedestrian detection technology due to make its debut in the redesigned XC90 crossover due out at the end of 2014....
Sales at Geely's Volvo Car Group fell 2.6% year on year in June to 40,939 units with year to date volume off 5.5% to 209,118....
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- EXCLUSIVE: Fiat UK returning to C segment in 2016
- VW India issues stop-sale order for Polo
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030