SWEDEN: Ex-Saab director to start as Plastal Industri CEO 1 Jan
Automotive supplier, Plastal Industri, says former Saab business development executive director, Martin Larsson, is to start as CEO on 1 January next year.
Larsson has already joined the Swedish plastics supplier, but will formally assume the top post on New Year's Day, 2013, when he succeeds Per-Ewe Wendel.
The former Saab employee was also director of purchasing at General Motors and Saab and was responsible for negotiations to find a future for the troubled Swedish company, which went into bankruptcy at the end of last year, but which has subsequently found new owners.
Wendel has been CEO of Plastal Industri since September, 2009 and is to step down at his own request. He will pursue other interests such as at the Swedish Automotive Association.
"Per-Ewe has in an excellent way led the company during the difficult time after the bankruptcy and has, with his vast experience and deep expertise in the business, actively contributed to Plastal's good development," said Plastal chairman, Stig-Arne Blom.
"Now that Per-Ewe chooses to unwind, we in the board are very pleased to be able to engage Martin Larsson to us. He has during his time within the GM group demonstrated good leadership and gained extensive experience in the automotive industry, seen from a global perspective."
Plastal employs more than 800 people.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global material trends sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
What are Opel's 3,000 odd workers at its Bochum plant in the heavily-industrialised region of North-Rhine Westphalia (NRW) thinking today?...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Automotive Aftermarket in US$ Billion by the following Product Segments: Mechanical Products, Electrical Products, Electronic Products, Exterior & Struct...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive foundation braking sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: The UK's Scotland and EU parallels
- INTERVIEW: Paul Philpott, Kia UK President and CEO
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault Clio Initiale Paris
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Lotus to restructure and up to 325 jobs could go
- And now (drum roll), the Nissan Leaf truck...
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays