SWEDEN: Ex-Saab director to start as Plastal Industri CEO 1 Jan
Automotive supplier, Plastal Industri, says former Saab business development executive director, Martin Larsson, is to start as CEO on 1 January next year.
Larsson has already joined the Swedish plastics supplier, but will formally assume the top post on New Year's Day, 2013, when he succeeds Per-Ewe Wendel.
The former Saab employee was also director of purchasing at General Motors and Saab and was responsible for negotiations to find a future for the troubled Swedish company, which went into bankruptcy at the end of last year, but which has subsequently found new owners.
Wendel has been CEO of Plastal Industri since September, 2009 and is to step down at his own request. He will pursue other interests such as at the Swedish Automotive Association.
"Per-Ewe has in an excellent way led the company during the difficult time after the bankruptcy and has, with his vast experience and deep expertise in the business, actively contributed to Plastal's good development," said Plastal chairman, Stig-Arne Blom.
"Now that Per-Ewe chooses to unwind, we in the board are very pleased to be able to engage Martin Larsson to us. He has during his time within the GM group demonstrated good leadership and gained extensive experience in the automotive industry, seen from a global perspective."
Plastal employs more than 800 people.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global material trends sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
What are Opel's 3,000 odd workers at its Bochum plant in the heavily-industrialised region of North-Rhine Westphalia (NRW) thinking today?...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive foundation braking sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use ...
New to just-auto this quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the vehicle lightweighting megatrend, the technologies, materials and suppliers involve...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle OE automotive door modules sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecas...
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- JLR automates priority warranty parts returns
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029