GERMANY: Edscha body parts unit goes to Gestamp
The creditor board of insolvent German auto supplier Edscha has approved the sale of its body parts unit to Spanish car parts maker Gestamp.
An Edscha spokeswoman confirmed this to Financial Times Deutschland but would not comment on the purchase price. According to financial sector sources, it is near the three-digit million euro range.
This was another step towards the liquidation of Edscha, which was established in 1870. In August insolvency administrator Joerg Nerlich sold the smaller division for convertible roofs to sunroof specialist Webasto.
The bodywork products division reported revenue of EUR707m in fiscal 2007/08. It has 4,300 employees worldwide, 1,300 of whom in Germany. According to industry sources, Indian conglomerate Ruia, Portuguese car parts supplier Sodecia and German private equity firm Orlando Management were also bidding to acquire it in the last round.
To Ebbsfleet for the Eurostar and Paris. The flash across the French landscape to Gare de Nord was monochrome. White sky, white fields, buildings, trees and hedges. It was a seamless, sideways-scrolli...
German's competition authorities are to scrutinise Magna International's planned purchase of the convertible roof business of insolvent rival Karmann....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Range Rover Hybrid
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- BMW 2 Series Convertible launched
- Volkswagen aims to triple MQB output
- US: Cadillac's De Nysschen on future engine plans
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)