FRANCE: EC grants PSA bank temporary guarantee to "avoid contagion" effect
PSA Peugeot Citroen's banking division has received temporary authorisation from the European Commission (EC) for France to guarantee EUR1.2bn (US$1.6bn) to avoid any "contagion" to the country's banking system.
Approval of the short-term measure is subject however, to PSA presenting a restructuring plan to the Commission, which includes the viability of Banque PSA Finance.
"The Commission considered granting of this guarantee was necessary to allow Banque PSA access to the market and to avoid any contagion effect on the French banking system, which would affect the cost of bank financing," said an EC statement.
"Commission guidelines concerning State aid given to banks during the crisis, mean the Commission can authorise rescue help for a six-month period in order to preserve financial stability."
The EC adds this aid will benefit not only Banque PSA Finance, but also the PSA Group as a whole.
Based on PSA's restructuring plan, the EC will issue a final decision on the aid granted.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
Iran Khodro (IKCO) says it is hopeful Iran's recent election of a new President will allow more partners - as well as its old Renault and Peugeot business allies - to have full operations in the count...
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
As widely rumoured, Paul Willcox has been confirmed as managing director of Volkswagen Group (UK), taking over from Simon Thomas who leaves the UK on 1 September 2013 to take up a global marketing rol...
New car sales in France nudged up 0.9% in July, prompting industry association CCFA to suggest that the collapse in sales was nearing an end. It was the first monthly increase since October 2011....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda CR-V facelift
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford lowers 2014 pre-tax profit outlook
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report