GUANGZHOU PREVIEW: Dongfeng Peugeot to launch China SUV
Dongfeng Peugeot's first Chinese manufactured SUV, the Peugeot 3008, will make its debut at the upcoming Guangzhou International Automobile Industry Exhibition.
The 3008 will be powered by a 1.6-litre turbocharged high pressure engine that will play a key part in the joint venture's 'E strategy' which will focus on improving efficiency, economy and environmental friendliness of its vehicles, China Daily said.
The engine, which was developed in cooperation with BMW, has won the International 1.4-litre to 1.8-litre engine of the year award for six years running. It powers a variety of Mini, Peugeot and Citroën vehicles. The 3008 mates the engine to a six-speed automated manual transmission.
The 3008 looks set to compete with models such as the Dongfeng Nissan Qashqai and Renault Scénic. The 3008 has been sold in China since late last year as an import, carrying a price tag between CNY246,800 and CNY266,800 (US$38,746-$41,885).
However, due in part to its high price tag, the model's sales failed to meet expectations. Following domestic production, the JV should be able to reduce prices for the SUV.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive turbocharger sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
Magna International said on Friday sales of US$8.36bn for the first quarter ended 31 March, 2013, were up 9% year on year as vehicle production increased 1% in North America and fell 9% in Europe....
Motors and fans supplier, Ebm-papst, has issued a clarion call for the UK to urgently replace its engineer stock as demographics and competing career options take their toll....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029