CHINA: Dongfeng Honda’s 2012 sales grow 10.5%
Dongfeng Honda's sales rose 10.5% to a record 282,000 units in 2012, compared with an average growth of 6.8% seen in the overall passenger vehicle market, it says. The performance of the joint venture was remarkable considering the sharp decline in demand for Japanese auto brands in China in the second half of 2012.
There were 169,000 new orders for Dongfeng Honda's flagship 2012 CR-V SUV in 2012, 5.6% more than the figure for 2011, according to Nanfang Daily. The CR-V is the first SUV brand to have sold more than 700,000 units in China. In 2012, sales of the Civic rose 2.1% to 79,700 units, and Dongfeng Honda released its first minivan model, the Elysion.
The company expects its sales to cross 1.5 million vehicles in 2013. It also intends to release the Concept S targeting Chinese drivers this year.
In July 2012, Dongfeng Honda officially launched operations at its second auto plant, which has a capacity to manufacture 100,000 vehicles a year and has raised overall annual production capacity of the JV to 480,000 units.
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
Over 500 vehicles have been updated in our live database of current and future new passenger car product over the past week, and we've added new future models....
The 21st Indonesian International Motor Show is taking place in Jakarta. There were some significant global debuts at the event, including the second model for the Datsun brand and a new Honda MPV....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda said its locally-developed MPV would make its world debut at the Jakarta motor show on 19 September....
Honda and Guangzhou Automobile Group are to set up production of Acura brand vehicles in China....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- ANALYSIS: Suzuki's new brand flagship - Vitara
- Geneva show list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Audi plots 2020 expansion strategy
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Audi Q7 e-tron to be a diesel PHEV
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)