CHINA: Dongfeng Honda’s 2012 sales grow 10.5%
Dongfeng Honda's sales rose 10.5% to a record 282,000 units in 2012, compared with an average growth of 6.8% seen in the overall passenger vehicle market, it says. The performance of the joint venture was remarkable considering the sharp decline in demand for Japanese auto brands in China in the second half of 2012.
There were 169,000 new orders for Dongfeng Honda's flagship 2012 CR-V SUV in 2012, 5.6% more than the figure for 2011, according to Nanfang Daily. The CR-V is the first SUV brand to have sold more than 700,000 units in China. In 2012, sales of the Civic rose 2.1% to 79,700 units, and Dongfeng Honda released its first minivan model, the Elysion.
The company expects its sales to cross 1.5 million vehicles in 2013. It also intends to release the Concept S targeting Chinese drivers this year.
In July 2012, Dongfeng Honda officially launched operations at its second auto plant, which has a capacity to manufacture 100,000 vehicles a year and has raised overall annual production capacity of the JV to 480,000 units.
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Motorcycles, Scooters and Mopeds in Thousand Units by the following Product Segments: Motorcycles, Scooters, and Mopeds. The report provides separate com...
Over 500 vehicles have been updated in our live database of current and future new passenger car product over the past week, and we've added new future models....
The 21st Indonesian International Motor Show is taking place in Jakarta. There were some significant global debuts at the event, including the second model for the Datsun brand and a new Honda MPV....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda said its locally-developed MPV would make its world debut at the Jakarta motor show on 19 September....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Panamera 4S
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Vauxhall Adam Rocks Air
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Volkswagen Touareg TDI facelift
- Toyota considers the lure of Mexico
- Opel introduces Karl, Vauxhall revives Viva
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Suspension Systems Market 2014-2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)