US: Detroit surge drives US light vehicle sales in January
The surge that provided a strong end to 2012 continued into January as US light vehicle sales rose 14.2% to about 1.04m. The seasonally adjusted annualised rate came in at 15.29m, off just slightly from December's 15.37m, and well ahead of the 13.98m figure reported in January 2012.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-auto gives you the widest automotive market coverage.
Paid just-auto members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
David Leggett, editor of just-auto
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- ANALYSIS: Piston days - Daimler leads steel charge
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo XC70
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- JLR reveals special operations UK site
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details