NETHERLANDS: Deputy PM in talks with BMW over NedCar plant
A complete takeover of Nedcar is near "but we are not there yet," Verhagen, who is also the deputy prime minister, told the media earlier on 28 June.
The facility, at Born, was once a three-way joint venture between the Dutch state, Mitsubishi Motors (MMC) and Volvo Cars. MMC has since taken ownership of the plant, which builds small numbers of the outdated Colt hatchback. In February it stated that it would close NedCar at the end of 2012.
VDL, the Eindhoven-based Dutch industrial group stated recently that it would take over the plant but only if a major customer could be found. Rumours surrounding BMW Group surfaced some weeks ago but until now, there has been no confirmation
The site at Born would appear to be a logical location for the expansion of Mini production as the Group's Cowley plant near Oxford is running close to capacity and BMW has already outsourced build of the Mini Countryman to Magna Steyr.
Author: Glenn Brooks
Motorcycle Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The pro...
Car Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). ...
If memory serves, about two days ago, our 'slide show' at the top of the home page had four bad-news, job-loss-related stories out of the seven we rotate. Grim....
Car Manufacturing in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 20...
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- GENEVA SHOW: World premieres [final list]
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028