Denso Corporation is to establish a joint venture to produce air conditioners for cars and buses plus radiators with Guangzhou Automobile Group Component Co., Ltd., the auto parts supervising department of Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group Co., Ltd., in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.

Denso (China) Investment Co., Ltd., Denso's recently established wholly-owned holding company in China, will provide 60% of the capital; Guangzhou Automobile Group Component Co., Ltd., will provide the remaining 40%. The new company, named Guangzhou Denso Co., Ltd., will be established in May 2003.

"Denso has supplied car air conditioners to customers throughout the nation from its production companies located in the northern part of China since 1999," said a spokesman. "Denso established the Guangzhou company for business expansion into southern China."
Denso already operates six manufacturing facilities in China.