JAPAN: Denso launching wireless car phone charger
Denso will launch an in-vehicle wireless smartphone charger in Japan on 1 April.
The charger, which does not require a phone connection cable, meets the global Qi standard for wireless recharging, Jiji Press reported.
It is designed to match the size of the console tray and interior colors of Toyota Motor's latest Prius hybrid model and the Prius PHV plug-in hybrid. Similar chargers designed to match other vehicles will be released later.
The device, priced at JPY14,910 (US$158), is the first Qi-compatible in-vehicle charger to go on sale in Japan, according to the parts maker.
Currently 14 mobile models, mostly smartphones, are Qi-compatible in Japan and the number is expected to increase from now on, Denso said.
Smartphones that are not Qi-compatible, such as Apple's iPhone 4S, can also be recharged with the device if they use commercially available cases, the company added.
Interesting reports just today with news that Ford may let president and CEO Alan Mulally loose ahead of schedule and that health issues may see VW supervisory board chairman Ferdinand Piech step down...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive connectivity sector, major applications, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Toyota Technical Centre (TTC), a division of Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing, (TEMA), announced a spend of about US$28m to expand its powertrain operations at two facilities in Ann Arbor, M...
Lots of folks in the auto industry must have been looking for champagne as August US light vehicle sales blew past analysts' expectations. By the end of the day, there were suggestions that the indust...
The world's best-selling car, Toyota Corolla, has achieved an unprecedented 40m sales....
Volkswagen has confirmed it is looking into the causes of water leakage into its flagship Golf model but has played down a German magazine report that described the problem as large scale....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- JLR starts Discovery Sport production
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)