JAPAN: Denso develops high performance millimetre-wave radar
Denso has developed a new and higher-performing millimetre-wave radar that has a longer and wider detection range, which helps improve the responsiveness of an active safety technology.
The multi-zone radar is significantly lower in cost due to an improved material selection and also is the comparable size as the company's previous model. The new system is available as a factory option on the redesigned Mazda 6.
"The longer detection range enables ACC-equipped vehicles to maintain a safe and constant distance to the vehicles in front of them - even when travelling at higher speeds," said Denso's Hiroyuki Wakabayashi. "The radar's wider-angle detection range allows the vehicle to respond more quickly and appropriately to other vehicles that might unexpectedly pull in front of you, and other dangers in curves and intersections."
The new radar has a detection distance of 205m and a ±18° detection radius within a distance of 35m from the vehicle. This is compared to 151m and ±10° in the conventional product.
Results season - Q1 2013, Q4/fiscal year 2012/3, etc. We disappear under a mountain of figures and you get it all neatly sliced, diced and packaged here. Enjoy....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
Ford will free up much needed production capacity in North America by moving Fiesta production from Mexico to Thailand in 2016, according to a US newspaper....
Mazda Motor announced that Masamichi Kogai had been named president and CEO from 25 June, succeeding Takashi Yamanouchi who remains chairman....
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- CHICAGO DEBUTS: Mysterious Mitsubishi teased
- BMW appoints new head of Mini brand
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029