JAPAN: Denso develops high performance millimetre-wave radar
Denso has developed a new and higher-performing millimetre-wave radar that has a longer and wider detection range, which helps improve the responsiveness of an active safety technology.
The multi-zone radar is significantly lower in cost due to an improved material selection and also is the comparable size as the company's previous model. The new system is available as a factory option on the redesigned Mazda 6.
"The longer detection range enables ACC-equipped vehicles to maintain a safe and constant distance to the vehicles in front of them - even when travelling at higher speeds," said Denso's Hiroyuki Wakabayashi. "The radar's wider-angle detection range allows the vehicle to respond more quickly and appropriately to other vehicles that might unexpectedly pull in front of you, and other dangers in curves and intersections."
The new radar has a detection distance of 205m and a ±18° detection radius within a distance of 35m from the vehicle. This is compared to 151m and ±10° in the conventional product.
Results season - Q1 2013, Q4/fiscal year 2012/3, etc. We disappear under a mountain of figures and you get it all neatly sliced, diced and packaged here. Enjoy....
This report has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. It covers the Europe, Japan and North America markets looking at the global Automotive Info...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
Ford will free up much needed production capacity in North America by moving Fiesta production from Mexico to Thailand in 2016, according to a US newspaper....
Mazda Motor announced that Masamichi Kogai had been named president and CEO from 25 June, succeeding Takashi Yamanouchi who remains chairman....
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times