JAPAN: Denso develops high performance millimetre-wave radar
Denso has developed a new and higher-performing millimetre-wave radar that has a longer and wider detection range, which helps improve the responsiveness of an active safety technology.
The multi-zone radar is significantly lower in cost due to an improved material selection and also is the comparable size as the company's previous model. The new system is available as a factory option on the redesigned Mazda 6.
"The longer detection range enables ACC-equipped vehicles to maintain a safe and constant distance to the vehicles in front of them - even when travelling at higher speeds," said Denso's Hiroyuki Wakabayashi. "The radar's wider-angle detection range allows the vehicle to respond more quickly and appropriately to other vehicles that might unexpectedly pull in front of you, and other dangers in curves and intersections."
The new radar has a detection distance of 205m and a ±18° detection radius within a distance of 35m from the vehicle. This is compared to 151m and ±10° in the conventional product.
Results season - Q1 2013, Q4/fiscal year 2012/3, etc. We disappear under a mountain of figures and you get it all neatly sliced, diced and packaged here. Enjoy....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
Ford will free up much needed production capacity in North America by moving Fiesta production from Mexico to Thailand in 2016, according to a US newspaper....
Mazda Motor announced that Masamichi Kogai had been named president and CEO from 25 June, succeeding Takashi Yamanouchi who remains chairman....
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn