JAPAN: Daihatsu to relocate R&D operations from Osaka to Kurume
Daihatsu Motor plans to relocate its research and development operations from its head office in Osaka Prefecture to the Kurume factory of its Daihatsu Motor Kyushu unit in Fukuoka Prefecture, company sources said.
The relocation is designed to make it easier for the R&D division to cooperate with the Kurume engine factory and the Daihatsu group's mainstay vehicle plant in neighboring Oita Prefecture, they told Kyodo News.
Closer cooperation is expected to help shorten vehicle development periods, improve product quality and reduce costs, the sources said.
Japan's major carmakers' combined domestic output in fiscal 2012 rose 2.9% over the previous year to 9,055,373 units, passing 9m for the first time in four years....
Indonesia's largest vehicle manufacturer, Astra Daihatsu Motor, said it is delaying production of its new small car range until the government announces its long-anticipated small car policy....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on Saturday 20 April at Auto Shanghai's media preview day....
China's SAIC and Malaysia's MBM Resources are considering assembling MG passenger cars in Malaysia for sale across south-east Asia....
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (TMMI) started up operations at its new USD340 million assembly plant in Karawang in West Java in mid-March, producing the Etios Valco 1.2L small hatch-back....
Toyota's Aqua [Prius C] hybrid hatchback remained Japan's best-selling car in February for the fifth straight month, selling 24,526 units, up 11.7% year on year, industry bodies said....
Suzuki Motor aims to secure a 30% share in the market for minivehicles in Japan in fiscal 2013 starting 1 April in the face of fierce competition from its rivals....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: McLaren 625C
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- Opel/Vauxhall to produce new SUV at Rüsselsheim