JAPAN: Daihatsu to relocate R&D operations from Osaka to Kurume
Daihatsu Motor plans to relocate its research and development operations from its head office in Osaka Prefecture to the Kurume factory of its Daihatsu Motor Kyushu unit in Fukuoka Prefecture, company sources said.
The relocation is designed to make it easier for the R&D division to cooperate with the Kurume engine factory and the Daihatsu group's mainstay vehicle plant in neighboring Oita Prefecture, they told Kyodo News.
Closer cooperation is expected to help shorten vehicle development periods, improve product quality and reduce costs, the sources said.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
Japan's major carmakers' combined domestic output in fiscal 2012 rose 2.9% over the previous year to 9,055,373 units, passing 9m for the first time in four years....
Indonesia's largest vehicle manufacturer, Astra Daihatsu Motor, said it is delaying production of its new small car range until the government announces its long-anticipated small car policy....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on Saturday 20 April at Auto Shanghai's media preview day....
China's SAIC and Malaysia's MBM Resources are considering assembling MG passenger cars in Malaysia for sale across south-east Asia....
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (TMMI) started up operations at its new USD340 million assembly plant in Karawang in West Java in mid-March, producing the Etios Valco 1.2L small hatch-back....
Toyota's Aqua [Prius C] hybrid hatchback remained Japan's best-selling car in February for the fifth straight month, selling 24,526 units, up 11.7% year on year, industry bodies said....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)