JAPAN: Daihatsu to end Copen production
The carmaker said it will stop making the roadster following poor sales in recent years. Production will cease at the end of August.
The Copen was launched in June 2002, winning a Good Design Award that year, and sales peaked in 2003 at 11,000 cars. Last year the company only sold around 2,000 bringing total production since launch to 56,000.
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
Edmunds.com has forecast 1,145,344 new cars and trucks will be sold in the US in September for an estimated Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR) for the month of 14.4m light vehicles. Earlier this w...
Toyota is considering halving the working hours of production workers who are re-employed after reaching their retirement age of 60....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)