US: Court sets Spyker/General Motors oral argument date
Spyker says the US District Court Eastern District of Michigan has issued a Notice to General Motors, Spyker and Saab Automobile to appear for oral argument on GM's Motion to Dismiss on 19 February next year.
"On 6 August 2012, Spyker in its own right and on behalf of its 100% subsidiary Saab
Automobile, filed a US$3bn complaint against GM in the Court, provoking GM to file a Motion to Dismiss in which the US automaker maintained an agreement - the so-called 'Framework Agreement' which Spyker, Saab and Zhejiang Youngman Lotus Automobile had drafted - would cause a change of control of Saab Automobile or would cause transfer of GM proprietary automotive technology to Youngman," a Spyker statement noted.
"Spyker and Saab Automobile are of the opinion the Court should deny GM's Motion to Dismiss," a Spyker statement said.
"As a consequence of GM's tortious interference, Saab Automobile was forced to enter into liquidation on 19 December, 2011."
GM has already insisted the claim is "completely without merit" and has dismissed the allegations as "baseless."
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
Toyota Motor plans a joint venture with a local company in China to produce batteries for the country's growing petrol-electric hybrid car market, a Beijing-based company spokesman said....
Not long ago the subcompact market in Brazil was regarded as niche and far from attractive to automakers. Current offerings are all imports like the Fiat 500 (from Mexico under the free trade agreeme...
PSA Peugeot Citroen may have to raise funds through a share sale as it burns through cash in a weak market, sources told the Reuters news agency....
Two new family-oriented crossovers have done well in the latest Euro NCAP crash test results....
Analysts in the US expect the May light vehicle market to return over the 15m unit SAAR level, driven by strong retail demand and higher sales of pick-ups....
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays