GERMANY: Continental opens new $9.7m Nuremberg transmission plant
Continental Powertrain Division has opened its new Test and Development Centre for transmission control units at the headquarters of the Transmission Business Unit in Nuremberg.
The automotive supplier has invested around EUR7.5m (US$9.7m) in the building and test facilities, which will employ 200 staff.
The nine laboratories, with an effective floor area of 2,500 square metres, include a hydraulic test bed and a prototyping centre.
"This centre will allow us to offer our customers around the world sustained support in bringing new, top-quality systems and technologies to market even faster," said Continental chairman, Elmer Degenhart.
The move complements Continental's opening of a research and development centre in Romania last week in a US$25.5m investment.
In addition to supplying brake systems, powertrain and chassis systems and components, instrumentation, infotainment, vehicle electronics and technical elastomers, Continental AG ranks as one of the w...
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle Engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
Continental has developed a new Multimedia Radio Navigation (MRN) System for the PSA Peugeot Citroën Group in China....
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle OE tyres sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
Continental says it has appointed board member Ralf Cramer as president of the company's organisation in China from 1 August this year....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda CR-V facelift
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Ford lowers 2014 pre-tax profit outlook
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report