GERMANY: Continental opens new $9.7m Nuremberg transmission plant
Continental Powertrain Division has opened its new Test and Development Centre for transmission control units at the headquarters of the Transmission Business Unit in Nuremberg.
The automotive supplier has invested around EUR7.5m (US$9.7m) in the building and test facilities, which will employ 200 staff.
The nine laboratories, with an effective floor area of 2,500 square metres, include a hydraulic test bed and a prototyping centre.
"This centre will allow us to offer our customers around the world sustained support in bringing new, top-quality systems and technologies to market even faster," said Continental chairman, Elmer Degenhart.
The move complements Continental's opening of a research and development centre in Romania last week in a US$25.5m investment.
In addition to supplying brake systems, powertrain and chassis systems and components, instrumentation, infotainment, vehicle electronics and technical elastomers, Continental AG ranks as one of the w...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle Engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle OE tyres sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
Continental has developed a new Multimedia Radio Navigation (MRN) System for the PSA Peugeot Citroën Group in China....
Continental says it has appointed board member Ralf Cramer as president of the company's organisation in China from 1 August this year....
Schaeffler claims plans to end the mutual investment agreement with Continental are because the deal "no longer has any practical relevance for either company."...
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- Toyota Thailand suspends Prius due to tax dispute
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030