CANADA: Chrysler supplier's seat workers agree contract extension
The Canadian Auto Workers union agreed to extend a labour contract deadline at a car seat factory in Canada, averting a possible strike from Sunday that could have shut down Chrysler's North American minivan plant.
An official at the CAW told Reuters the union had agreed to a "rolling 30-day extension" to the contract at Integram Seating which supplies the minivans' seats. The deadline can be rolled forward for up to a year.
Last month, unionised Integram workers voted 98.5% in favor of going on strike if a new labour agreement was not reached by 11 November.
Integram, located in Windsor, southern Ontario, is a unit of Canadian auto parts maker Magna International, based in Aurora in the same province.
Chrysler's Windsor, Ontario, plant, is its only minivan plant in North America.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle seating sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report...
Magna International said on Friday sales of US$8.36bn for the first quarter ended 31 March, 2013, were up 9% year on year as vehicle production increased 1% in North America and fell 9% in Europe....
The media day for the Barcelona motor show was 9 May. Our preview list is now republished as an historic record of the vehicles which were global debuts....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Lexus NX 300h
- INTERVIEW: Fiat brand head, Olivier Francois
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- BELGIUM: Jaguar overtaken by Lexus across Europe
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: 'Chery Land Rover' Evoque
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app