CANADA: Chrysler supplier's seat workers agree contract extension
The Canadian Auto Workers union agreed to extend a labour contract deadline at a car seat factory in Canada, averting a possible strike from Sunday that could have shut down Chrysler's North American minivan plant.
An official at the CAW told Reuters the union had agreed to a "rolling 30-day extension" to the contract at Integram Seating which supplies the minivans' seats. The deadline can be rolled forward for up to a year.
Last month, unionised Integram workers voted 98.5% in favor of going on strike if a new labour agreement was not reached by 11 November.
Integram, located in Windsor, southern Ontario, is a unit of Canadian auto parts maker Magna International, based in Aurora in the same province.
Chrysler's Windsor, Ontario, plant, is its only minivan plant in North America.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle seating sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report...
Magna International said on Friday sales of US$8.36bn for the first quarter ended 31 March, 2013, were up 9% year on year as vehicle production increased 1% in North America and fell 9% in Europe....
The media day for the Barcelona motor show was 9 May. Our preview list is now republished as an historic record of the vehicles which were global debuts....
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- Tata mulls platform collaboration with Chery
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028