US: Chrysler books strong profits after US retail sales rise
Chrysler booked adjusted first quarter operating profit up 55% to US$740m and net income quadrupled to $473m on revenue up 25% to $16.4bn.
Worldwide vehicle shipments rose 25% to 607,000 as unit sales rose 33% to 523,000.
The automaker said the result was due mainly to its 40% increase in US retail sales.
Adjusted EBITDA was $1.4bn or 8.5% of net revenue, up 18%.
Vehicle sales outside North America increased 80% to 67,000, including 18,000 vehicles manufactured by Chrysler and sold by Fiat.
Chrysler is sticking to 2012 targets - vehicle shipments of 2.3-2.4m; revenue of $65bn; adjusted operating profit of at least $3bn and net income of $1.5bn.
First out of the gate today was news that the Chinese government had, finally, officially approved the Chery joint venture with Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover that will see Freelanders built in China ...
This report is based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Advanced Driver Assistanc...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
Fiat, due to unveil its revised industrial plan for Italy on 30 October, will keep its Mirafiori, Turin, plant open and increase production at its southern Melfi plant, Reuters reported....
Italian union sources maintain the upcoming meeting between Fiat CEO, Sergio Marchionne and Italian labour bodies to detail a new business plan for the automaker, will not see plant closures unveiled....
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Fiat denies merger talks with VW
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- ZF lenders OK higher TRW bid
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018