FRANCE: CGT union holds out as PSA inches towards labour deal
PSA Peugeot Citroen says only one of its six major labour bodies has not reacted favourably to a draft agreement outlining support measures for employees at the Rennes and Aulnay sites, with a further union going back to its membership for consultation.
At the end of the tenth and last meeting to negotiate support measures for employees at the Rennes and Aulnay sites, management and labour union representatives produced a final draft agreement that secures "significant advances," according to PSA, although it is not immediately clear what these are.
The CFE-CGC, CFTC, FO and SIA/GSEA out of six bodies responded favourably to the draft agreement, for a majority opinion, although the CFDT labour union said it will issue an opinion before the end of the month after consulting its membership.
"The CGT is the one [union] that did not sign," a PSA spokeswoman told just-auto from Paris.
"There is still negotiation for the people who would leave on a volume basis."
PSA is looking to shed up to 8,000 staff and close its Aulnay plant near Paris in a bid to stem monthly losses of around EUR200m
The automaker's annual results are due out tomorrow (13 February).
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
Iran Khodro (IKCO) says it is hopeful Iran's recent election of a new President will allow more partners - as well as its old Renault and Peugeot business allies - to have full operations in the count...
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
As widely rumoured, Paul Willcox has been confirmed as managing director of Volkswagen Group (UK), taking over from Simon Thomas who leaves the UK on 1 September 2013 to take up a global marketing rol...
New car sales in France nudged up 0.9% in July, prompting industry association CCFA to suggest that the collapse in sales was nearing an end. It was the first monthly increase since October 2011....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)