FRANCE: CGT union holds out as PSA inches towards labour deal
PSA Peugeot Citroen says only one of its six major labour bodies has not reacted favourably to a draft agreement outlining support measures for employees at the Rennes and Aulnay sites, with a further union going back to its membership for consultation.
At the end of the tenth and last meeting to negotiate support measures for employees at the Rennes and Aulnay sites, management and labour union representatives produced a final draft agreement that secures "significant advances," according to PSA, although it is not immediately clear what these are.
The CFE-CGC, CFTC, FO and SIA/GSEA out of six bodies responded favourably to the draft agreement, for a majority opinion, although the CFDT labour union said it will issue an opinion before the end of the month after consulting its membership.
"The CGT is the one [union] that did not sign," a PSA spokeswoman told just-auto from Paris.
"There is still negotiation for the people who would leave on a volume basis."
PSA is looking to shed up to 8,000 staff and close its Aulnay plant near Paris in a bid to stem monthly losses of around EUR200m
The automaker's annual results are due out tomorrow (13 February).
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Iran Khodro (IKCO) says it is hopeful Iran's recent election of a new President will allow more partners - as well as its old Renault and Peugeot business allies - to have full operations in the count...
As widely rumoured, Paul Willcox has been confirmed as managing director of Volkswagen Group (UK), taking over from Simon Thomas who leaves the UK on 1 September 2013 to take up a global marketing rol...
New car sales in France nudged up 0.9% in July, prompting industry association CCFA to suggest that the collapse in sales was nearing an end. It was the first monthly increase since October 2011....
The long awaited free trade agreement between Colombia and Europe will start on 1 August with the first group of measures....
PSA has unveiled first half group revenue of EUR27.7bn (EUR36.8bn), down 3.8% compared to the same period last year, while automotive division revenue also fell 7.5% to EUR18.7bn....
PSA Peugeot Citroen has welcomed today's (30 July) news the European Commission (EC) has approved a French State guarantee of EUR7bn (US$9.3bn) covering bond issues by Banque PSA Finance until Decembe...
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- ANALYSIS: Thailand targets EVs for future growth
- JLR in talks for Eastern Europe plant
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- SUVs continue driving US sales growth
- New Honda chief sets out vision
- Ford’s ‘significantly enhanced’ EcoSport on sale
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018