FRANCE: CFE-CGC union says Aulnay redundancy terms improved to €30,000
PSA is planning to cut up to 8,000 staff and close its Aulnay plant near Paris, a move that was echoed last week by fellow-French automaker, Renault's, decision to axe around 7,500 jobs as both look to improve competitivity.
The CFE-CGC body says it is working to avoid any forced redundancies and also that for those wishing to leave, an increase in the minimum compensation of EUR30,000 (US$40,000) has been obtained.
Talks are also due to take place to discus compensation for the least well paid and the youngest employees, with negotiations scheduled for 29 January.
PSA Peugeot-Citroen said vehicle sales in 2012 were down 16.5% at slightly less than 3m units.
The company blamed the weak European car market and the cessation of completely knocked down (CKD) car shipments to Iran for the decline.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
There are signs that the underlying trend for the struggling European car market has now bottomed out, according to the analysts at LMC Automotive....
A government decree which it made practically impossible to register new trucks above 10.5 tonnes this year - to protect smaller transporters - resulted in truck sales falling 33% from 2,365 to 1,583 ...
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- JLR in talks for Eastern Europe plant
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- SUVs continue driving US sales growth
- TRW acquisition by ZF more than 1+1=2: Peter Lake
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018