FRANCE: CFE-CGC union says Aulnay redundancy terms improved to €30,000
PSA is planning to cut up to 8,000 staff and close its Aulnay plant near Paris, a move that was echoed last week by fellow-French automaker, Renault's, decision to axe around 7,500 jobs as both look to improve competitivity.
The CFE-CGC body says it is working to avoid any forced redundancies and also that for those wishing to leave, an increase in the minimum compensation of EUR30,000 (US$40,000) has been obtained.
Talks are also due to take place to discus compensation for the least well paid and the youngest employees, with negotiations scheduled for 29 January.
PSA Peugeot-Citroen said vehicle sales in 2012 were down 16.5% at slightly less than 3m units.
The company blamed the weak European car market and the cessation of completely knocked down (CKD) car shipments to Iran for the decline.
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
This report is based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Advanced Driver Assistanc...
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn