FRANCE: CFE-CGC union says Aulnay redundancy terms improved to €30,000
PSA is planning to cut up to 8,000 staff and close its Aulnay plant near Paris, a move that was echoed last week by fellow-French automaker, Renault's, decision to axe around 7,500 jobs as both look to improve competitivity.
The CFE-CGC body says it is working to avoid any forced redundancies and also that for those wishing to leave, an increase in the minimum compensation of EUR30,000 (US$40,000) has been obtained.
Talks are also due to take place to discus compensation for the least well paid and the youngest employees, with negotiations scheduled for 29 January.
PSA Peugeot-Citroen said vehicle sales in 2012 were down 16.5% at slightly less than 3m units.
The company blamed the weak European car market and the cessation of completely knocked down (CKD) car shipments to Iran for the decline.
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Lexus NX 300h
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- BELGIUM: Jaguar overtaken by Lexus across Europe
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: 'Chery Land Rover' Evoque
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app