AN CONGRESS: Cautious OESA lauds industry fightback
The Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA), an American supplier body, reckons uncertainty will continue to provide a backdrop to the US automotive industry despite a far healthier landscape compared to recent turbulent times.
Addressing delegates at the Automotive News World Congress in Detroit, OESA president and CEO, Neil De Koker, said a return to normalcy would be accompanied by caution driven by uncertainty.
"It seems that will be the new normal for some time," he said. "[However] We can confidently claim the supplier industry is coming back strong. According to new research, the motor vehicle supply industry has direct employment of 700,000. We are a significant engine to the US economy.
"OESA members will continue to speak out about the industry to leaders in Washington DC. Political uncertainty is a definite risk but together we, OEMs and dealers can present a common voice highlighting our individual significance."
Based in Troy, north of Detroit, OESA has 435 members with global sales of over US$300bn.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to...
Though it has now expanded an SUV recall to about 480,000 vehicles to check for a possibly faulty door circuit board, General Motors said fires as a result have been rare....
Chevrolet claims that the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV is the "industry benchmark in retail electric vehicle efficiency" with a combined city/highway EPA estimated range of 82 miles when fully charged and ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- COMMENT: Volkswagen's Piech got a lot right
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- ANALYSIS: VW & Toyota losing the SUV race in China
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- Piech ploy over Winterkorn fail, VW chairman quits
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- BREAKING NEWS: Piëch quits Volkswagen board
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029