AN CONGRESS: Cautious OESA lauds industry fightback
The Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA), an American supplier body, reckons uncertainty will continue to provide a backdrop to the US automotive industry despite a far healthier landscape compared to recent turbulent times.
Addressing delegates at the Automotive News World Congress in Detroit, OESA president and CEO, Neil De Koker, said a return to normalcy would be accompanied by caution driven by uncertainty.
"It seems that will be the new normal for some time," he said. "[However] We can confidently claim the supplier industry is coming back strong. According to new research, the motor vehicle supply industry has direct employment of 700,000. We are a significant engine to the US economy.
"OESA members will continue to speak out about the industry to leaders in Washington DC. Political uncertainty is a definite risk but together we, OEMs and dealers can present a common voice highlighting our individual significance."
Based in Troy, north of Detroit, OESA has 435 members with global sales of over US$300bn.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to...
Though it has now expanded an SUV recall to about 480,000 vehicles to check for a possibly faulty door circuit board, General Motors said fires as a result have been rare....
TechNavio's analysts forecast Global Electric Vehicle Service Equipment market to grow at a CAGR of 35.27 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth i...
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn