AN CONGRESS: Cautious OESA lauds industry fightback
The Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA), an American supplier body, reckons uncertainty will continue to provide a backdrop to the US automotive industry despite a far healthier landscape compared to recent turbulent times.
Addressing delegates at the Automotive News World Congress in Detroit, OESA president and CEO, Neil De Koker, said a return to normalcy would be accompanied by caution driven by uncertainty.
"It seems that will be the new normal for some time," he said. "[However] We can confidently claim the supplier industry is coming back strong. According to new research, the motor vehicle supply industry has direct employment of 700,000. We are a significant engine to the US economy.
"OESA members will continue to speak out about the industry to leaders in Washington DC. Political uncertainty is a definite risk but together we, OEMs and dealers can present a common voice highlighting our individual significance."
Based in Troy, north of Detroit, OESA has 435 members with global sales of over US$300bn.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to...
Though it has now expanded an SUV recall to about 480,000 vehicles to check for a possibly faulty door circuit board, General Motors said fires as a result have been rare....
TechNavio's analysts forecast Global Electric Vehicle Service Equipment market to grow at a CAGR of 35.27 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth i...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- INTERVIEW: Fiat brand head, Olivier Francois
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: McLaren 625C
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app
- Opel/Vauxhall to produce new SUV at Rüsselsheim
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]