SWEDEN: Carl-Peter Forster appointed to Volvo Car board
Carl-Peter Forster has been appointed a new member of the Board of Directors of Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars).
On September 1, 2012, Carl-Peter Forster became a chief advisor to Zhejiang Geely Holding Group and on January 9, 2013 he became a non-executive member of the board of the listed company Geely Automobile Holdings Co. Ltd.
"Mr Forster brings great experience and knowledge of the car industry to the Board of Directors of Volvo Cars," said Li Shufu, Chairman of Volvo Car Group.
"His deep understanding of the business and product development will be an important asset for Volvo Cars in the company's ongoing transformation."
Volvo Cars is currently undergoing substantial internal restructuring and cost cutting as it attempts to get to profitability.
Over 500 vehicles have been updated in our live database of current and future new passenger car product over the past week, and we've added new future models....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
General Motors has hired former Volvo CEO Stefan Jacoby to head up international operations. He replaces Tim Lee, who will take up the position of chairman, GM China....
The long awaited free trade agreement between Colombia and Europe will start on 1 August with the first group of measures....
Sales growth of 34% in the first half of this year has catapulted Suzuki into the UK top 20, ahead of Volvo and Mazda and nibbling at the heels of Renault....
Technology company, Torotrak, says it expects to acquire the remaining 80% of flywheel innovator, Flybrid, in November or December this year....
Geely has agreed to set up a joint venture in Belarus to assemble cars with an eye to eventually export some output to Russia, the company said....
Consumer electronics giant Apple has unveiled the new IOS 7 for the automotive industry with notable changes to the interface and improved voice capabilities of personal assistant SIRI. Auto OEMs howe...
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- Baking Kias at 45C
- COMMENT: Ford F-Series production soars
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: BMW plug-in 2AT added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market