US: Camry nudges out Silverado in US top model race
While most analysts and industry observers will focus on the lessening year on year plunges in US sales recorded last month (especially by a certain Detroit brand with a blue oval on the building), there was a small but significant change in an important pecking order - Chevrolet's Silverado truck line was nudged back to third highest selling US market vehicle (year to date) by Toyota's Camry sedan, itself kept out of the top slot by 29,390 units of that perennial top dog - Ford's F-series truck line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-auto gives you the widest automotive market coverage.
Paid just-auto members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
David Leggett, editor of just-auto
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029