US: Camry nudges out Silverado in US top model race
While most analysts and industry observers will focus on the lessening year on year plunges in US sales recorded last month (especially by a certain Detroit brand with a blue oval on the building), there was a small but significant change in an important pecking order - Chevrolet's Silverado truck line was nudged back to third highest selling US market vehicle (year to date) by Toyota's Camry sedan, itself kept out of the top slot by 29,390 units of that perennial top dog - Ford's F-series truck line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-auto gives you the widest automotive market coverage.
Paid just-auto members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 193-page eBook ‘Motor Mouths’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
David Leggett, editor of just-auto
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - platforms to go to
- General Motors' platform strategy decoded
- Geely/Volvo architecture cooperation bears fruit
- Delphi Powertrain VP on compliance - Q&A
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Peugeot reveals revamped 3008 compact SUV
- US and UK motorists divided on driverless cars
- Geely raises capital for electric London cabs
- Volvo previews 2017 40 series on CMA platform
- Tesla chooses Mando for autonomous technology