CANADA: CAMI ends Suzuki Swift production
Canadian Suzuki Swift/Chevrolet Metro production ended in April with the loss of 500 jobs
CAMI is still producing the two-door soft-top and four-door hard top Suzuki Vitara and its Chevrolet Tracker derivatives.
CAMI production began in 1989 with the Japanese-designed Suzuki Swift, which the plant also built as the Geo and, later, Chevy Metro.
The original models were initially virtually identical to the Swifts Suzuki still produces in Japan and Hungary but the Canadian-built versions received a full exterior and interior restyle in the mid-1990s.
At its peak, Canadian Swift/Metro production reached more than 100,000 vehicles
a year but the number fell to just 32,000 in 2000.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
This year sees a record number of new models - not mere facelifts - destined for UK showrooms. For carmakers, it should give a boost to flagging sales on the back of increased use of platform sharing....
Was John DeLorean as bad as many said he was? Or as good? A man who knew him attempts a summing-up of a brilliant and controversial motor industry executive and entrepreneur. By Karl Ludvigsen...
General Motors on Thursday reportedly said it would stop advertising in the Los Angeles Times because of concerns over "factual errors and misrepresentations" in newspaper articles....
Two General Motors pickup trucks, the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, fared the worst in a new batch of government crash tests of 2005 pickups, the government said, according to the Associated Pre...
General Motors on Wednesday announced it will invest more than $US100 million in its Struandale, South Africa, plant to assemble the Hummer H3 SUV....
Maruti Udyog's board has decided to invest INR32.7 billion in two new joint ventures with Suzuki Motor Corporation....
General Motors in the US has reintroduced its Hot Button marketing promotion, which runs from April 11 to May 31....
General Motors vice chairman Bob Lutz and group vice president Gary Cowger will focus full-time on global responsibilities - Lutz on product development and Cowger on manufacturing/labour - and relinq...
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029