SWITZERLAND: Cadillac Europe names Tom Anilker MD
Tom Anliker, managing director of Chevrolet Suisse, will become managing director of Cadillac Europe on 1 January 2013, replacing Wolfgang Schubert who is retiring.
Anliker will report to Susan Docherty who heads Chevrolet and Cadillac Europe.
"We are pleased to have a seasoned GM executive taking over Cadillac's European operations at a crucial time," said Docherty. "Tom brings with him a wealth of experience from various positions he held at GM in Europe and overseas."
Cadillac is launching its new ATS and is hopes to expand sales in Europe.
Schubert was executive brand director for Cadillac Europe from 2006 and managing director since 2010. Before that he held various executive positions in Europe. Like Anliker, he joined GM in 1989.
General Motors' decision not to build the next generation Aveo in South Korea - at least to start - looks like provoking a confrontation with the country's militant auto trade unions....
General Motors has won praise from a senior US politician in Brussels as US Treasury officials say they will sell 30m of the automaker's shares worth around US$1.03bn....
General Motors and its joint ventures sold "a May record" 252,942 vehicles in China, the automaker said. Volume rose 9.4% year on year....
The US Treasury said it would begin another round of sales of General Motors shares acquired during the government's bailout of the US auto sector....
In a classic case of April showers and May flowers, last month's US light vehicle sales bloomed quite nicely following the previous month's dip....
General Motors expects to boost exports from China by nearly 70% this year because of strong demand for its locally-developed, low-cost cars....
Hyundai has reported a 10% year on year jump in global car sales for May 2013....
Mahindra & Mahindra has introduced its XUV500 SUV in Chile....
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen diesel recall in Europe will take year
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Toyota u-turns on Takata inflators in Japan
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030