Japan’s largest tyre manufacturer, Bridgestone Corporation, plans to build a new THB1.24bn (US$41m) research and development centre in Bangkok, Thailand.
The centre will begin operations next July and is expected to employ over 100 staff by 2015. The centre will carry out new product development, development of production technology and quality management processes – replacing equivalent operations in Japan.
The centre will help the company process and respond more quickly to local and regional market requirements.
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle OE tyres sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - VW agrees a deal with the US
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- BMW Q1 operating profit down 2.5%
- Ford to idle top-selling truck's plant for a week
- Autonomous cars to shake up car insurance
- Mitsubishi orders plunge in crisis