Japan’s largest tyre manufacturer, Bridgestone Corporation, plans to build a new THB1.24bn (US$41m) research and development centre in Bangkok, Thailand.
The centre will begin operations next July and is expected to employ over 100 staff by 2015. The centre will carry out new product development, development of production technology and quality management processes – replacing equivalent operations in Japan.
The centre will help the company process and respond more quickly to local and regional market requirements.
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle OE tyres sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Q&A – Delphi Chief Technology Officer, Jeff Owens
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- GM's Opel promises Europe a "revolutionary" EV
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- VW Group quality chief leaves
- Geneva premieres list - 6.6-litre BMW world debut
- Tesla reports higher losses in Q4