JAPAN: Bosch sells 5.7% stake in Denso
Extremely limited information is available as to the reasons behind the sale or full confirmation of the figure, but Denso says it has been "informed" of Bosch's move.
Denso is resolutely declining to reveal the numbers involved, confining itself to noting to just-auto from Holland: "The only thing we have is the share, which is 5.77%.
"We are not putting out any of the figure [s]. It is not in our interest in giving details [of] that."
A statement from Denso said both companies would "continue to work together within the framework of existing partnerships and alliances.
"In the future, Bosch and Denso will continue to examine opportunities for alliances that will allow them to satisfy the requirements of the global automotive industry."
Denso's first fiscal half sales rose 23% to JPY1,733.1bn (US$22.3bn). Operating income soared 328% to JPY136.3bn. Net income was up 235% to JPY78.1bn.
Bosch in Germany was not immediately available for comment.
Denso's consolidated net sales for the fiscal year ended 31 March 2013 totalled JPY3.58tn (US$38.1bn), a 13.5% increase from the previous year....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive starter motor and alternator sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forec...
Denso has acquired a majority stake in a subsidiary of Indian auto parts maker Pricol....
This report is based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Advanced Driver Assistanc...
Denso's subsidiary in north eastern Japan is to expand an automotive air conditioner plant to support increasing vehicle production by Toyota....
The Bosch Group expects slightly improved economic growth this year and its own sales to grow by 2-4%...
GAZ Group's Gorky Automobile Plant has started serial production of the new-generation GAZelle NEXT light commercial vehicle. Dmitry Medvedev, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, officiated at t...
Japanese automotive suppliers are being forced to depend on their ingenuity to survive, reported the Nikkei business newspaper....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018