JAPAN: Bosch sells 5.7% stake in Denso
Extremely limited information is available as to the reasons behind the sale or full confirmation of the figure, but Denso says it has been "informed" of Bosch's move.
Denso is resolutely declining to reveal the numbers involved, confining itself to noting to just-auto from Holland: "The only thing we have is the share, which is 5.77%.
"We are not putting out any of the figure [s]. It is not in our interest in giving details [of] that."
A statement from Denso said both companies would "continue to work together within the framework of existing partnerships and alliances.
"In the future, Bosch and Denso will continue to examine opportunities for alliances that will allow them to satisfy the requirements of the global automotive industry."
Denso's first fiscal half sales rose 23% to JPY1,733.1bn (US$22.3bn). Operating income soared 328% to JPY136.3bn. Net income was up 235% to JPY78.1bn.
Bosch in Germany was not immediately available for comment.
Denso's consolidated net sales for the fiscal year ended 31 March 2013 totalled JPY3.58tn (US$38.1bn), a 13.5% increase from the previous year....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive starter motor and alternator sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forec...
Denso has acquired a majority stake in a subsidiary of Indian auto parts maker Pricol....
Denso's subsidiary in north eastern Japan is to expand an automotive air conditioner plant to support increasing vehicle production by Toyota....
The Bosch Group expects slightly improved economic growth this year and its own sales to grow by 2-4%...
GAZ Group's Gorky Automobile Plant has started serial production of the new-generation GAZelle NEXT light commercial vehicle. Dmitry Medvedev, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, officiated at t...
Japanese automotive suppliers are being forced to depend on their ingenuity to survive, reported the Nikkei business newspaper....
Denso says it will establish a new company that makes instrument clusters in Myslowice, Poland, to strengthen its manufacturing footprint for instrument clusters in Europe....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Multiple updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030