UK: BMW's Rolls-Royce adds 100 jobs as Wraith launches
This follows record sales over the last three years, significant expansion of the manufacturing plant and the launch of the Wraith.
"Half-year sales figures announced last week show that Rolls-Royce is on track for another record year in 2013," the luxury automaker said.
Many of the jobs are based at the Goodwood HQ in southern England with around half in marketing, sales, aftersales, public relations and the bespoke (customising) business.
The rest are in engineering and manufacturing and are linked directly to Wraith production. The model is currently in pre-production with the first cars due with customers in autumn. A number of new positions have also been created in regional offices around the world.
“I am delighted to announce this recruitment programme, made possible by the continuing success of our company,” said CEO Torsten Müller-Ötvös.
“Our cautious optimism at the beginning of the year has proven to be correct and our goal for the business remains the same: consistent, sustainable growth. This process continues through the creation of a significant number of new roles and our ability to attract the very best talent in the manufacturing and luxury sectors.”
Plimsoll Publishing’s BMW CAR DEALERS (UK) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the BMW CAR DEALERS (UK) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 70 companies, including ...
Automotive Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
BMW-owned luxury car brand Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has revealed record sales results for 2013....
Motorcycles in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descr...
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Opel Group formed within Adam Opel
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018