UK: BMW's Rolls-Royce adds 100 jobs as Wraith launches
This follows record sales over the last three years, significant expansion of the manufacturing plant and the launch of the Wraith.
"Half-year sales figures announced last week show that Rolls-Royce is on track for another record year in 2013," the luxury automaker said.
Many of the jobs are based at the Goodwood HQ in southern England with around half in marketing, sales, aftersales, public relations and the bespoke (customising) business.
The rest are in engineering and manufacturing and are linked directly to Wraith production. The model is currently in pre-production with the first cars due with customers in autumn. A number of new positions have also been created in regional offices around the world.
“I am delighted to announce this recruitment programme, made possible by the continuing success of our company,” said CEO Torsten Müller-Ötvös.
“Our cautious optimism at the beginning of the year has proven to be correct and our goal for the business remains the same: consistent, sustainable growth. This process continues through the creation of a significant number of new roles and our ability to attract the very best talent in the manufacturing and luxury sectors.”
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
BMW-owned luxury car brand Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has revealed record sales results for 2013....
The July introduction of the redesigned Lexus IS line in July, including a full hybrid model, boosted full year sales here in the UK 90% year on year to 1,979 units, versus 1,046 in 2012....
South Korea's Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has begun an investigation into alleged price fixing among the country's top five automakers, according to local reports....
Sales of new, imported vehicles in South Korea rose by 19.6% to 156,497 units in 2013, from 130,858 units in the previous year, according to the Korea Automobile Importers and Distributors Association...
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Integrated Canadian test cells impress OEMs
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Canada "needs to turn automakers back" from Mexico
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Conti Schaeffler name nine new Premium Suppliers
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030