INDIA: BMW to assemble 1- and 7-series in Chennai
BMW has announced plans to assemble its 1 series hatchback at Chennai in India by the end of next year.
The carmaker will also begin local assembly of its flagship 7-series by the middle of next year and start on the updated X1 SUV in January, Philipp von Sahr, president, BMW India, told The Hindu Business Line. BMW 1s and 7s are currently imported fully assembled while 3s, 5s, X1s and X3s are assembled locally.
BMW has also launched the 6 series Gran Coupe in diesel form as a built-up model.
The company’s CKD product range will cover all opportunities relevant to it, Sahr said. It is adding dealerships and will close this year with 40, up from 27 currently.
“(This year), an unprecedented price war was witnessed,” Sahr said, adding that BMW will stand its ground and refuse to be drawn in. Having sold 7,389 units from January-October, the company expects to exceed last year’s tally of 9,371 units by the end of December.
Prices of all models will rise from January.
Inspired by the idea of an object cutting straight through liquid medium and imagining the lines and forms that would be created in the process, the new BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe has an elongated profile, a long wheelbase and extended bonnet.
Its features include TwinPower Turbo diesel engine, eight-speed sport automatic transmission with Cruise Control, and a top speed of 250 km/hour.
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
Magna International said on Friday sales of US$8.36bn for the first quarter ended 31 March, 2013, were up 9% year on year as vehicle production increased 1% in North America and fell 9% in Europe....
Motors and fans supplier, Ebm-papst, has issued a clarion call for the UK to urgently replace its engineer stock as demographics and competing career options take their toll....
Ongoing sovereign debt crises across Europe are continuing to have a major impact on the Continent's automaking development, with 2007 production levels not expected to return until 2017, says analyst...
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- JLR in talks for Eastern Europe plant
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- SUVs continue driving US sales growth
- TRW acquisition by ZF more than 1+1=2: Peter Lake
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018