US: BMW recalls 570,000 cars over faulty connector
BMW is recalling 570,000 vehicles sold in North America due to a faulty cable connector that could make cars stall suddenly, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The fault is caused by an unstable electrical connection between the battery and fuse box terminal, the safety regulator said. A minor collision was blamed on the fault in Canada although no injuries or deaths have been reported.
Cars affected are 3-Series sedans, convertibles and coupes manufactured between 2007 and 2011; 1-Series coupes and convertibles manufactured from 2008 to 2012; and Z4 sports cars made between 2009 and 2011.
Some 505,000 units in the United States and 65,000 units in Canada are affected.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
Motorcycle Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The pro...
Car Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). ...
Car Manufacturing in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 20...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: World premieres
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028