US: BMW recalls 570,000 cars over faulty connector
BMW is recalling 570,000 vehicles sold in North America due to a faulty cable connector that could make cars stall suddenly, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The fault is caused by an unstable electrical connection between the battery and fuse box terminal, the safety regulator said. A minor collision was blamed on the fault in Canada although no injuries or deaths have been reported.
Cars affected are 3-Series sedans, convertibles and coupes manufactured between 2007 and 2011; 1-Series coupes and convertibles manufactured from 2008 to 2012; and Z4 sports cars made between 2009 and 2011.
Some 505,000 units in the United States and 65,000 units in Canada are affected.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
BMW's partner in China, Brilliance China Automotive, has reported a 52% year on year rise in first half profit due to an increased profit from the BMW Brilliance joint venture where sales boomed....
More than 2,000 workers at BMW's factory in South Africa have launched industrial action over pay....
The BMW Brilliance joint venture has held a foundation laying ceremony for a new engine plant in Tiexi District, Shenyang City, which will include BMW's first foundry outside Germany....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Briefing: Active safety systems
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)