US: BMW recalls 570,000 cars over faulty connector
BMW is recalling 570,000 vehicles sold in North America due to a faulty cable connector that could make cars stall suddenly, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The fault is caused by an unstable electrical connection between the battery and fuse box terminal, the safety regulator said. A minor collision was blamed on the fault in Canada although no injuries or deaths have been reported.
Cars affected are 3-Series sedans, convertibles and coupes manufactured between 2007 and 2011; 1-Series coupes and convertibles manufactured from 2008 to 2012; and Z4 sports cars made between 2009 and 2011.
Some 505,000 units in the United States and 65,000 units in Canada are affected.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
BMW's partner in China, Brilliance China Automotive, has reported a 52% year on year rise in first half profit due to an increased profit from the BMW Brilliance joint venture where sales boomed....
More than 2,000 workers at BMW's factory in South Africa have launched industrial action over pay....
The BMW Brilliance joint venture has held a foundation laying ceremony for a new engine plant in Tiexi District, Shenyang City, which will include BMW's first foundry outside Germany....
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn