GERMANY: BMW Q1 profit down 19.7% as product launch offensive costs bite
BMW operating profit for the first quarter of 2003 fell 17.9% to euro 830 million (first quarter 2002: euro 1,011 million) in line with expectations of the BMW Group. The decrease was attributable mainly to the continued high level of expenditure for the product and market offensive and to the expected lower sales volume of BMW brand cars.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-auto gives you the widest automotive market coverage.
Paid just-auto members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 193-page eBook ‘Motor Mouths’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
David Leggett, editor of just-auto
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- Q&A – Delphi Chief Technology Officer, Jeff Owens
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- Volvo nixes range extenders
- VW Group quality chief leaves
- Geneva premieres list - Honda Civic world debut