GERMANY: BMW opens door to Mercedes
According to the Handelsblatt newspaper, Reithofer said: "If Daimler is interested, the door is open. A third partner would certainly bring significant synergy effects".
PSA's CEO said 10 days ago that Mercedes could be a useful third party for the alliance. PSA already cooperates with BMW on small petrol engines which are used in the German automaker's UK-built Mini.
The next generation small petrol engine could also be used in the 1-Series and by Mercedes-Benz in the A-and B-class.
Reithofer said last week that BMW aims to save EUR6bn in the next five years and reduce investment by forming more partnerships with other vehicle manufacturers.
If, as a brand, you are going to have a spiritual home that lives in the real world, it makes sense for that real world construct to share the same values, writes Dave Leggett. The BMW brand's spiritu...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle OE automotive door modules sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecas...
Jaguar's near-term production future is forecast to climb back towards 100,000 cars under Tata Motors' management, adding a gloss to the Indian company's take-over announced earlier this week....
Hmmm, let's see now, did anything interesting happen in the auto biz this week? Oh yes, a certain Indian conglomerate - at long last - put most of the world's financial and auto media out of its miser...
BMW will stop building eight-cylinder diesel engines because a six cylinder with turbocharging offers better performance and fuel efficiency....
Mercedes-Benz is recalling 3,283 2008 S-class models in the US because of a faulty transistor....
The weak US economy and the low dollar value means that the automotive industry is looking to source more parts and engineering services from the country....
Toyota is to start selling the Prius hybrid and two other models in South Korea next year as it widens its range in the country beyond Lexus....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029