MALAYSIA: BMW continues to expand
BMW is confident it can sustain double-digit sales growth in Malaysia next year as demand for its car grows.
Gerhard Pils, managing director of the carmaker’s operations in the country said that for the first 11 months of this year, the BMW has recorded a 20% year-on-year sales growth, selling 6,126 vehicles against 5,166 in the same period a year ago.
Pils said BMW Malaysia will expand its sales, service, systems and spare-parts facilities in Setia Alam (Shah Alam), Kota Kinabalu, Kuching (Sarawak) and Tebrau (Johor) in the second half of next year. He added: “We have seen an increased demand for BMW vehicles throughout the country and we are looking to establish showrooms in smaller towns in Sabah and Sarawak."
Shrugging off French air traffic controllers' strike action, this week saw many of the industry's top executives gather for Automotive News Europe's Congress in Paris. Here is a brief snapshot of what...
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
BMW sales and marketing chief Ian Robertson believes that the German car market has further to fall this year....
Europe needs to focus on the raft of free trade agreements currently being negotiated with super trading blocks such as the US and the recent deal with South Korea, said BMW....
Porsche is stopping Cayenne SUV production at its Leipzig assembly plant because of flooding in the region....
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029