MALAYSIA: BMW continues to expand
BMW is confident it can sustain double-digit sales growth in Malaysia next year as demand for its car grows.
Gerhard Pils, managing director of the carmaker’s operations in the country said that for the first 11 months of this year, the BMW has recorded a 20% year-on-year sales growth, selling 6,126 vehicles against 5,166 in the same period a year ago.
Pils said BMW Malaysia will expand its sales, service, systems and spare-parts facilities in Setia Alam (Shah Alam), Kota Kinabalu, Kuching (Sarawak) and Tebrau (Johor) in the second half of next year. He added: “We have seen an increased demand for BMW vehicles throughout the country and we are looking to establish showrooms in smaller towns in Sabah and Sarawak."
Shrugging off French air traffic controllers' strike action, this week saw many of the industry's top executives gather for Automotive News Europe's Congress in Paris. Here is a brief snapshot of what...
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
BMW sales and marketing chief Ian Robertson believes that the German car market has further to fall this year....
Europe needs to focus on the raft of free trade agreements currently being negotiated with super trading blocks such as the US and the recent deal with South Korea, said BMW....
Porsche is stopping Cayenne SUV production at its Leipzig assembly plant because of flooding in the region....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Panamera 4S
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault EOLAB concept
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)