RUSSIA: Avtotor, Magna to ink deal on car 'cluster'
Russian car maker Avtotor Holding will sign on Thursday a general agreement of cooperation with Canadian car giant Magna International Europe in order to create an automobile 'cluster' in the Kaliningrad Region, Avtotor Holding said in a statement.
The production capacity of the cluster will amount to no less than 250,000 cars annually with an annual output worth over RUB670bn, Prime News reported.
The first line of the cluster will be operating by 2016. On the whole, the complex will comprise 21 production units, including six car plants and 15 component facilities. Total investments in the project are estimated at about RUB90bn.
The cluster will create up to 20,000 jobs in the region, and it will unite new car plants and joint ventures handling the manufacture of components.
Magna will be in charge of the engineering aspects of the project.
We live in strange times. As Fisker, a rival with supposedly superior range-extending technology falls apart, the value of Tesla rises yet again, this time by almost two percent on Wednesday to US$9.7...
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Automotive Component Outsourcing market to reach US$855 billion by 2016....
Magna International said its Cosma International operating unit was one of eight suppliers which received a BMW Supplier Innovation Award. It was recognised for a lightweight, high-voltage battery hou...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018