RUSSIA: Avtotor, Magna to ink deal on car 'cluster'
Russian car maker Avtotor Holding will sign on Thursday a general agreement of cooperation with Canadian car giant Magna International Europe in order to create an automobile 'cluster' in the Kaliningrad Region, Avtotor Holding said in a statement.
The production capacity of the cluster will amount to no less than 250,000 cars annually with an annual output worth over RUB670bn, Prime News reported.
The first line of the cluster will be operating by 2016. On the whole, the complex will comprise 21 production units, including six car plants and 15 component facilities. Total investments in the project are estimated at about RUB90bn.
The cluster will create up to 20,000 jobs in the region, and it will unite new car plants and joint ventures handling the manufacture of components.
Magna will be in charge of the engineering aspects of the project.
We live in strange times. As Fisker, a rival with supposedly superior range-extending technology falls apart, the value of Tesla rises yet again, this time by almost two percent on Wednesday to US$9.7...
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Auto-Dimming Mirrors in USD million and thousand Units by the following products segments: Interior Auto-Dimming Mirrors, and Exterior Auto-Dimming Mirro...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Automotive Component Outsourcing in US$ Billion. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, La...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- PSA issues new business plan
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Multiple updates after 1st Media Day
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018